xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Byaja

Ftp Time Outs cannot connect to socket

Im not sure if everyone is getting these, but there happening when im uploading every 5-10 mins....which is really frustrating when im uploading certain stuff that i need to in stall.....I was wondering if maybe a admin could help me resolve this issue as I doubt it would be a problem at traps end...

Usually when FTP software times your either lose your connection or your uploading to many files at once; To remedy this upload your files in small groups and your time out will stop. This usually happens on the good FTP software like SmartFTP, but when I started using Firefox FTP plug-in I haven't had that much trouble in the time outs.

Im not sure if everyone is getting these, but there happening when im uploading every 5-10 mins....which is really frustrating when im uploading certain stuff that i need to in stall.....I was wondering if maybe a admin could help me resolve this issue as I doubt it would be a problem at traps end...

FF ftp plugin? is it on the mizilla site?

Google Fireftp as a Firefox extension.I've been using it for a couple of months and it works excellent. I highly recommend it to Firefox users.

I hate fireftp its so slow and it doesnt have good options and stuff.. lol i advice not to get it, just google free ftp programs you'll find something.

i have to disagree with tramp. i have used fireftp for quite some time now, and i think it's very useful. i've used smartftp before but it has expired already (i only have the free one). since i'm a sucker for free stuff, i just downloaded the firefox extension and i'm all set.