xisto Community
mirage

Ie, Mozilla, Netscape, Or Opera?

Which do you guys prefer? Personally I use Mozilla, as it auto blocks any popups, along with it not downloading apps that some sites may try and install. Theres also so many more features on Mozilla than IE which I like. But there is 1 big downside to it though, alot of the java doesnt work on it... which makes me mad, but thats when I use IE.

Which do you guys prefer? Personally I use Mozilla, as it auto blocks any popups, along with it not downloading apps that some sites may try and install.  Theres also so many more features on Mozilla than IE which I like.  But there is 1 big downside to it though, alot of the java doesnt work on it... which makes me mad, but thats when I use IE.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All java works on Firefox, if not better, dhtml and flash tend to not work properly however and can be demonstrated using http://www.gamesville.com/ and playing the pool, cause firefox wont work properly, i cant click on anything to accept or decline challenges so im forced to use IE, overall ive only come accress 2 websites so far that firefox cant handle which have been gamesvill and a DHTML Lemmings game. (Properly coded however, everything will work in firefox). Bad coders are why certain things wont work, and then most people just blame firefox, but thats not the case... if you code properly then it will all work :D

Which do you guys prefer? Personally I use Mozilla, as it auto blocks any popups, along with it not downloading apps that some sites may try and install. Theres also so many more features on Mozilla than IE which I like. But there is 1 big downside to it though, alot of the java doesnt work on it... which makes me mad, but thats when I use IE.

Guys! wouldn't it better if you post these kind of threads a polls!

polls are for these questions .

How do you suppose to see the results,

if this thread goes in more than 5 pages! or even less!

- read all of them ? not wise (with polls existing) and no use for others don't have time to read non ending posts!

- or maybe you don't even planned to get back to this! (useless thread)

good point rowita, but i was bored and to participate i just click on new topics and reply, i dont care if its been asked before or not a poll, but yes, he should have made a poll with it too. Oh well, go firefox :D:D

I guess the firefox is really nice because of the pop up blocker, it really helps. i've been doing my website with straight html, very simple, because people around the world use so many different things, it's very frustraiting. i'm agrivatted that there isn't a real standard, even with all the w3c stuff, etc. i reckon the only thing to do is to give up and do basic html, if you have a wide audience.

I also use Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox, but from a very special build at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ laugh.gif

Very cool. I've been using firefox but nowthat I heard of MOOX I think i'm switching ;)
Thanks for the site. BTW is Opera really faster than Firefox and Mozilla?

I use Mozilla Firefox.It has popup blocking, tabbed browsing, an automatic updater, several search toolbars and hundreds of extensions. I have used IE, Netscape, and Opera in the past and Firefox is by far my favorite. Firefox 1.0 is better than ever. Not only is it compatible with more sites, it has better support for RSS, and it is faster. Firefox also helps prevent you from getting spyware due to the fact that it does not support ActiveX controls. In fact, I know an IT profession who is recommending that his clients switch to Firefox for this reason. The sites that Firefox is not compatible with are becoming fewer because the world browser share of Firefox is growing rapidly.

I use IE. It's not by choice. I can't download Firefox. Parents won't let me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not your choice? Now you're under control of some people who don't know other browsers' beneifts ;)

I guess the firefox is really nice because of the pop up blocker

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A pop-up blocker for IE comes with Win XP SP2, and so far it works properly... In fact I think IE pop-up blocker is better than Firefox (if you configure it well)

because people around the world use so many different things, it's very frustraiting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Internet technology evolves.

i reckon the only thing to do is to give up and do basic html, if you have a wide audience.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...and let the technology development halts?

I use Mozilla Firefox.

It has popup blocking, tabbed browsing, an automatic updater, several search toolbars and hundreds of extensions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I *love* the tabbed browsing and extension feature of Firefox. YAY~

Firefox also helps prevent you from getting spyware due to the fact that it does not support ActiveX controls.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah... that's the real reason why I use Firefox whenever possible. My browser had been hijacked several times and I've got spywares when I use IE. I think those who never get these things simply because they browse only the most popular websites like Yahoo!.

The sites that Firefox is not compatible with are becoming fewer because the world browser share of Firefox is growing rapidly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hopefully you're right. I've been forced to use IE as some sites can only be properly viewed by using that thing.

I switched to firefow a little while ago and have been using it ever since. As well as being very clean and more secure, I think that the extension system makes it much easier to customise it to do all sorts of little things that save a lot of time. Personally I find the RSS feature particularly useful as I like to keep up to date with a lot of news sites but don't want to have to load up all the homepgaes every time just to see if there is a new headline I am interested in.

I really don't like Firefox that much. I know they have greater added security and all these things. But I still like my Maxthon Browser. It has tabbed browsing and pretty much like Mozilla. If I were to pick from the choices it would be Mozilla. Some sites don't view to well in FIrefox.

Latley i have been using Firefox. I didnt till about a month ago. I just stuck with Internet Explorer, but then my IE wasn't working properly, so i downloaded Firefox. I like firefox because it loads things faster, you dont have to always go through a 1,000 steps to get to one thing like you do on IE, it skips things. PLus it loads a lot faster. I still use IE for a few things, or if i open it on accident. But 90% of the time now i use Fire fox.

i'm agrivatted that there isn't a real standard, even with all the w3c stuff, etc.

There is a 'real standard' and all modern browsers stick to it pretty well except for IE.