xisto Community
amit nigam

Universe? Single Or Infinite Can we have n number of universes

Universe or Universes???  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hi friends,i feel that the topic i am discussing is quiet interesting because it leads to many possibilities by having just one simple fact in mind.... and that fact is that everything is relative... nothing is too big or too small or too fast or too slow.... everything can be discounted by something else... so our universe though very big could be like a ball in some other universe...also before starting i would like to add that the theory that i am trying to tell is just my imagination and it is as such without any proof or any scientific material about it is not there... one thing is there that i would also like to say... i feel that when it comes to these kind of weirdo theories no one should straight away discard them... that is i think not right and this is done by some of the persons.. the reason being that i feel there is no theory which can be definitely proved to be wrong or right... even some of the biggest theories were discarded in the starting and some of the most acclaimed theories were found to be not correct lately... actually from this i remember the incident that was explained in stephen hawkings book ' a brief history of time' in the first chapter... in it when an old woman suggest that the universe is mounted on the top of a turtle and there is an infinite chain of turtles one below the other, the author does not negate that theory, though it is pretty weird.. Why??? because you can not prove it wrong and till that time you can not negate it...now coming over to my imagination... scientists are these days busy finding the answer to the question that what made big bang happen.... and that there was nothing outside that point when the big bang happened... what i feel is that what if there was another world outside that point and what if big bang would have happened by the collision of two such particles... and may be the two particles are having so well crafted boudaries or shells that we feel that there is nothing outside it... the point is that i feel that there must be something for an explosion like that to happen... it feels quiet weird to believe that there was this one particle resting for billions of billions of years in , we do not know what whether space or liquid or as scientists say nothing, eventually exploding without any reason.... that is why i have this feeling that maybe we are in a universe which is among billions of billions of universe, some of which are still waitnin for collision to start their big bang.....quiet weird???? i know ...but since this great website of ours is a place just for these kind of things, that is discussing your dreamy thoughts that is why i have written this...ok bye friends... freely criticise anything in it if you want to because this is just my imagination... and there can be 'n' number of errors in it.... but please criticise it in good taste...ok bye...

Physics allows for the possibilities of alternate universes that are completely different from our own, but there is no proof of them, nor will we be likely to ever get that proof due to the immense size of this Universe. As for the big bang being the collision of two Universi, it is unlikely, as that would not allow this universe to expand as it is doing. A theory on how the bang happened is is that matter and antimatter particles collided and exploded extremely violently. Another theory states that black holes are the beginnings of Universi. I suppose that it is a crapshoot unless you know all the math and such needed to be a good physicist. I've lost those formula's in my own mind a little while ago.

hi friends,
i feel that the topic i am discussing is quiet interesting because it leads to many possibilities by having just one simple fact in mind.... and that fact is that everything is relative... nothing is too big or too small or too fast or too slow.... everything can be discounted by something else... so our universe though very big could be like a ball in some other universe...

also before starting i would like to add that the theory that i am trying to tell is just my imagination and it is as such without any proof or any scientific material about it is not there... one thing is there that i would also like to say... i feel that when it comes to these kind of weirdo theories no one should straight away discard them... that is i think not right and this is done by some of the persons.. the reason being that i feel there is no theory which can be definitely proved to be wrong or right... even some of the biggest theories were discarded in the starting and some of the most acclaimed theories were found to be not correct lately... actually from this i remember the incident that was explained in stephen hawkings book ' a brief history of time' in the first chapter... in it when an old woman suggest that the universe is mounted on the top of a turtle and there is an infinite chain of turtles one below the other, the author does not negate that theory, though it is pretty weird.. Why??? because you can not prove it wrong and till that time you can not negate it...

now coming over to my imagination... scientists are these days busy finding the answer to the question that what made big bang happen.... and that there was nothing outside that point when the big bang happened... what i feel is that what if there was another world outside that point and what if big bang would have happened by the collision of two such particles... and may be the two particles are having so well crafted boudaries or shells that we feel that there is nothing outside it... the point is that i feel that there must be something for an explosion like that to happen... it feels quiet weird to believe that there was this one particle resting for billions of billions of years in , we do not know what whether space or liquid or as scientists say nothing, eventually exploding without any reason.... that is why i have this feeling that maybe we are in a universe which is among billions of billions of universe, some of which are still waitnin for collision to start their big bang.....

quiet weird???? i know ...but since this great website of ours is a place just for these kind of things, that is discussing your dreamy thoughts that is why i have written this...

ok bye friends... freely criticise anything in it if you want to because this is just my imagination... and there can be 'n' number of errors in it.... but please criticise it in good taste...

ok bye...

Well that's really a nice theory, I enjoyed reading it actually. But I really find it unlikely to be true since you based it on the big bang theory which might also be untrue since it hasn't been tested yet (as far as I know). But having two particles collide and violently explode to produce several universes is something really improbable. if that was true, shouldn't both universes mix together? because when an explosion happens, the parts of the exploded particle fly in all directions randomly! so I think that would have caused both universes to mix together. Now what really makes me doubt the big bang theory is that the reason why this particle exploded is still unknown... which really shakes the credibility and coherence of this theory. But scientists believe that the big bang theory is true simply because the universe is expanding in a way that conserves the liniar momentum of a particle which exploded [P(of the whole particle-before explosion)= P(mini particles that were released after the explosion)] but what if the universe was already found (God created it) and the matter inside this universe is expanding? this could be true as well...

Ah, the beginning of the universe..Before concluding answers, we should define the term universe. Are we speaking of materialistic and energetic objects? All defined by physic law and order?A discussion is often pointless because the attendants speak different languages.I think we should look a bit in the other direction aswel. We perceive our enviroment through our bodily senses. Signals from the 'outside', interpreted, analyzed, completed and what more by our reason. Call it soul, mind or whatever. I'm not a total dualist, but that's not something i'll explain now. Just know that i think we, partly, create our own world. Thus, when we accept the fact that we self are resonsable of creating that world, it suddenly becomes alot harder to define universe. When we state as precedented that it's everything of matter and energy, then are we not part of the universe? or are we energy?Since we are able to interact with our inviroment, we are part of the big bubble surrounding us. The universe thus includes perhaps more than matter and energy. The beginning of matter and energy, yes, that can be perhaps hypothesized up to a scientific acceptable level of credibility. But it's more. Not only scientifically or physically, but perhaps spiritually aswel.

Hello friends,nice to hear from you all...first of all i would like to thank tikiprincess for pointing out that i started such kind of thread earlier also.... i would like to clear that first.. there are two reasons for that... first one is that the topic i am trying to discuss here is different from there but it needs the same base to start off... that is why it looks like repeated in the starting... secondly, it was a long time back that i was active in that older thread so i forgot that i ahd started some that sort of thread... otherwise maybe i would have continued in that.... and third, i am so much amazed by and interested in these sort of theories, that is theories relating to universe, big bang, stars, cosmos etc., that you will find many closely related yet different threads on these sort of topics... which may give you deja vu feeling again :D . Now coming on to the point that was put up by some of my friends, that whether the two universes should have intermixed, i have written that what if there is some sort of layer, like that of a balloon, around our universe which makes us collide with others but yet keeps us apart...just imagination :P ok bye... keep writing...

Ah, the beginning of the universe..
Before concluding answers, we should define the term universe. Are we speaking of materialistic and energetic objects? All defined by physic law and order?
A discussion is often pointless because the attendants speak different languages.

I think we should look a bit in the other direction aswel. We perceive our enviroment through our bodily senses. Signals from the 'outside', interpreted, analyzed, completed and what more by our reason. Call it soul, mind or whatever. I'm not a total dualist, but that's not something i'll explain now. Just know that i think we, partly, create our own world.
Thus, when we accept the fact that we self are resonsable of creating that world, it suddenly becomes alot harder to define universe. When we state as precedented that it's everything of matter and energy, then are we not part of the universe? or are we energy?
Since we are able to interact with our inviroment, we are part of the big bubble surrounding us. The universe thus includes perhaps more than matter and energy.

The beginning of matter and energy, yes, that can be perhaps hypothesized up to a scientific acceptable level of credibility. But it's more. Not only scientifically or physically, but perhaps spiritually aswel.

I think you're talking about something close to relativity. Everyone sees the universe from his/her own perspective. Well that could be true to a certain extent, but not in the materialistic definition of the universe... what you're talking about is the psychological meaning of the universe which is everything surrounding us and we interact with through our senses. correct me if I'm wrong...

Hello friends,
nice to hear from you all...

first of all i would like to thank tikiprincess for pointing out that i started such kind of thread earlier also.... i would like to clear that first.. there are two reasons for that... first one is that the topic i am trying to discuss here is different from there but it needs the same base to start off... that is why it looks like repeated in the starting... secondly, it was a long time back that i was active in that older thread so i forgot that i ahd started some that sort of thread... otherwise maybe i would have continued in that.... and third, i am so much amazed by and interested in these sort of theories, that is theories relating to universe, big bang, stars, cosmos etc., that you will find many closely related yet different threads on these sort of topics... which may give you deja vu feeling again biggrin.gif .

Now coming on to the point that was put up by some of my friends, that whether the two universes should have intermixed, i have written that what if there is some sort of layer, like that of a balloon, around our universe which makes us collide with others but yet keeps us apart...

just imagination rolleyes.gif

ok bye... keep writing...

ok now let's suppose that what you're talking about is true... when our universe collides with the other universe shouldn't there be mutual transmission of energy between the two universes? and should we, on earth, feel that something hit our universe? I mean, it's a universe we're talking about! the collision should be powerful enough to make us feel this collision! I don't know, that just doesn't seem right to me, what do you think?

Hello friends,
nice to hear from you all...

first of all i would like to thank tikiprincess for pointing out that i started such kind of thread earlier also.... i would like to clear that first.. there are two reasons for that... first one is that the topic i am trying to discuss here is different from there but it needs the same base to start off... that is why it looks like repeated in the starting... secondly, it was a long time back that i was active in that older thread so i forgot that i ahd started some that sort of thread... otherwise maybe i would have continued in that.... and third, i am so much amazed by and interested in these sort of theories, that is theories relating to universe, big bang, stars, cosmos etc., that you will find many closely related yet different threads on these sort of topics... which may give you deja vu feeling again :D .

Now coming on to the point that was put up by some of my friends, that whether the two universes should have intermixed, i have written that what if there is some sort of layer, like that of a balloon, around our universe which makes us collide with others but yet keeps us apart...

just imagination :P

ok bye... keep writing...

thats where string theory comes up. string theory tells there are strings inside every little particles like borons, messons, or leptons whatever. i dont remember but string theory says are are 5 different univers exists and the bigbang happend because of a collision of the two universes in a point. dont ask me to explain the whole string theory thingy....just cant do that right now.

I definitely believe that there are other universes out there. IT's almost ignorant to think that the possibility isn't there. It's sometihng that people have said for quite a while but its still kinda hard to travel to alternate places (even if we find them). So yes I believe so and although I haven't heard the theory on the big bang being two universes colliding.....I like it. It seems like it could make sense, and even tho I don't know the truth.....I'd say that's kinda believable.

I hear sometimes that they think there are an infinite number of universes, but as far as I am concerned this is impossible... I mean, that would mean there would be a universe where we all live on the moon, there would be a universe where bananas talk and all kinds of freaky stuff like that and... uh... yeah, no.

I think there are multiple universes and that they even exist in one another.If you look at trough a microscope, it is a universe on itself (depends on how you look at it),we live here on Earth in our own universe and the galaxy is also a very big universe.For those who believe in esoteric life, there is also a universe tangled within all other universes. (without the talking bananas :P)

I think there will be lots of Universe, and we can hardly to say there is no possibility for the big bang of Universes.But what exactly Universe is? Is that we defined as whatever we known or discovered? If we difined Universe as this way, we will regard all Universes we can perceive as the Universe we called now. :P So it's really puzzled me.If the other Universes is something we can't perceive anyway, we can't sure if they are existent. So maybe we can't make out the conclusion of this question forever.