xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pylorusrock

I Gave Up My Dream For Her how could she not realize?

So, I've been with my girlfriend since I graduated High School, and let it be known right now music is everything to me.Well here's the story, I've been out of school for over a year now. Before this girl I had plans to go to Full Sail in Florida and everything was working out for me to head down there. Well then I started dating her and I fell completely and madly in love with her before the summer was over. I ended up changing my plans on going and stayed here. Well, I'm still here jumping from job to job and paycheck to paycheck waiting fo rsomething better to come along and help me out.Here is the thing I don't get, I gave up my dream to be with her and she doesn't apprciate it at all she'll make plans with me and then ditch out to go out with her friends. One friend specific is a total B**CH and when she's with her she is too, she lies to me she stays out all night and doesn't answer her phone when I call. Well I could be off soo much better in my personal goals if I were to have left and went to school and she would probably see me the same. Why did I have to stay here if she's going to treat me like crap? Her so called "friend" is moving to dad's house in Florida and she's a saint to my girlfriend.What should I do to get her to realize what I gave up for her??

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title modified.

I'm not an expert in this area, but I'll tell you what I think. Before you gave up your dream did you realize that if things didn't work out with her that you will have to start again? It was ultimately your choice to stay where you are to be with her. You can try to talk to her and tell her how you feel. The only way she is going to realize what you did and how you feel about it is to just tell her. Sit her down one day and have a talk about it and tell her why you feel like it was a mistake. But then she may feel obligated to you because of what you did and that probably isn't what you want either. Things aren't really going to be perfect in either case but if you want her to know what you did for her then tell her.

I'm not an expert in this area, but I'll tell you what I think. Before you gave up your dream did you realize that if things didn't work out with her that you will have to start again? It was ultimately your choice to stay where you are to be with her. You can try to talk to her and tell her how you feel. The only way she is going to realize what you did and how you feel about it is to just tell her. Sit her down one day and have a talk about it and tell her why you feel like it was a mistake. But then she may feel obligated to you because of what you did and that probably isn't what you want either. Things aren't really going to be perfect in either case but if you want her to know what you did for her then tell her.

all that she cares about is her friend.i hate how she lies to me because she's with her friend.
it's so much crap that i don't want to deal with.
i hate being lied to and if she does it again idk if i should break up with her.
gah
i hate this crap.

What should I do to get her to realize what I gave up for her??

If telling her doesn't suffice, then leaving her—at least in theory—to go and succeed in your life should. If you have already confronted her with this issue, and she still persists in having a loose or unstable (not-willing-to-work-on-it) relationship, then inform her one more time that you picked her over yourself and "threaten" to leave her. If she still does not show interest, then i suggest leaving her. If she shows interest, then consider staying with her longer. However, if she shows interest but later sticks with her friends again, then leave her. Make sure you leave a note saying that you left and why.
If you only told her once that you picked her over yourself, consider telling her a couple of more times if she doesn't show interest. If she continues to not show interest after telling her again, then follow my previous advice. Remember, a relationship is for building each other up, not for bringing others down.

If telling her doesn't suffice, then leaving herat least in theoryto go and succeed in your life should. If you have already confronted her with this issue, and she still persists in having a loose or unstable (not-willing-to-work-on-it) relationship, then inform her one more time that you picked her over yourself and "threaten" to leave her. If she still does not show interest, then i suggest leaving her. If she shows interest, then consider staying with her longer. However, if she shows interest but later sticks with her friends again, then leave her. Make sure you leave a note saying that you left and why.
If you only told her once that you picked her over yourself, consider telling her a couple of more times if she doesn't show interest. If she continues to not show interest after telling her again, then follow my previous advice. Remember, a relationship is for building each other up, not for bringing others down.

well that would be good advice if she didn't already break up with me.
yeah
life sucks.
i'm stuck going nowhere
and now i'm alone

Harsh, man. What you need to do is keep calling her until she picks up, keep texting, emailing and IMing her until she replies. Don't Give up. When you can talk to her, you tell her exactly what you did for her, and say it in a nice loud tone that won't let her dorget it. It's the only way to resolve such things.

leave it be.There is no use in trying to get her to understand you right after this break up. When things cool down, and most of all when you cool down, you see things from a different perspective. This helps in doing the right (for you) thing. For now, find yourself a new hobby. That usually helps in getting back on track :D

leave it be.
There is no use in trying to get her to understand you right after this break up. When things cool down, and most of all when you cool down, you see things from a different perspective. This helps in doing the right (for you) thing.
For now, find yourself a new hobby. That usually helps in getting back on track :D

well she says she still wants to be my friend.
we're hanging out today, and idk what's going to happen cause every time i've seen or talked to her since the break-up she's rushed off to her friend and got mad at me and said that she had to leave cause if she stays around me too long she'll go back out with me.
she's confusing.
she got mad that othder day cause she thought i was with another girl.
idk what the hell is going on anymore.

What I realized after a long time in relationships is that if you give up any of your dreams for your partner or otherwise this will cause a little fracture on the solidness of your relation.None of the people in a relationship should ever do that because this will be thrown at each other on the first fight you have, people shouldn?t even give up friends, because they can support you after the relationship ends.Giving up is only if you have something very serious going on, and I mean marriage or children, if not chase your dreams, be complete with yourself, and remember don?t null yourself for anyone or the feeling you have for this this person will become part faded, there will always be a dent on your feelings.Respect everybody but give all the respect you got to the person that loves you the most, YOU.Hope it helps in your future decisions.Sincerely,

so she is totally confusing.apparently she's in love with me still and yeah.she asked me back out and she apologized for everything.but her friend was being a total b#$@ again she peeled out in front of my house and stuff.i should have called the cops on her.hahahahabut yeah.

I think it's sweet that you left your dreams for her, but my first question was "did she act like this before?" Before you dropped everything for her, you should have analyzed the relationship and tried to see what it would be like in the future. Now, I know that doesn't help because what's done is done, but if she wasn't like that before, perhaps she has changed HER feelings about the relationship. If so, you need to talk to her about why her behavior has changed so much. With every issue between people, the most important thing is to TALK ABOUT IT. Don't just wonder about it and talk to other people about it, go directly to the source. If you talk and things don't end up working out, all is not lost. You had the opportunity once, so you're obviously qualified. I believe that everything happens for a reason--if you were meant to go down the path you gave up, you will. Perhaps you were not supposed to go it so soon, and this girl had to be a distraction to put you in the right place at the right time. Or, perhaps everything will work out with her, in which case you will at least be happy even though you gave up your dreams. Before you can know for sure, you need to talk to her.