xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

The New 7 Wonders Of The World Are Choosen

Before I go into this topic I think the dude was trying to make money off this thing, of course the Ancient wonder were not really selected either if my history is correct. Now on to the topic at hand and the wait is finally over as the world (100 million votes is pretty sad since you got over 6 Billion people on the planet has voted the new wonders of the new world. Of course in all there is 8 since the only Ancient wonder in the world is still up and that being the pyramids of Giza. So in no particular order they are Great Wall of China, Rome's Colosseum, Taj Mahal, Jordan's Petra, Machu Picchu, Statue of Christ Redeemer and Mexico's Chichen Itza pyramid.

Personally I would say the Great Wall, the Colosseum, Petra and MAchu Piccu deserve them since they are practically ancient in origin but the other sites are still great either way.

SOURCE
Here

Thanks Tetra, stupid v key is sticking on me

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Your link is broken. It should be http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . You've added an extra "v".

I think that many of them did deserve to be on there, but I'd also think Acropolis and Easter Island should have been added onto there. I also don't know why the statue of liberty was one of the candidates. There isn't anything particularily amazing about it even when you think of how it was built, which was easy compared to the other places, which are quite amazing given their size and the tools available...

Guys I am really happy that Our Taj Mahal made a huge jump from being at #14 a week back & then jumping on to the #7 position. Hurray ... I am so happy that Taj Mahal is one of the Seven wonders & It really makes me feel so proud.

ImageFilez from where you came to know that Taj Mahal was ranked no. 4. Visit this site

http://www.new7wonders.com/index.php?id=633

At the bottom there you can find this

All candidates are listed alphabetically and their order is not a reflection of the number of votes they received. The results include worldwide online, SMS and telephone voting.

But in the news channel in India, they are saying that Taj Mahal was ranked No 1, I don't know from where they got this information.
SM the sites were selected by voting and voters have mainly voted for there country sites only(as far as India is concerned), and it is not dependent on the age of the monuments. It just shows the most popular 7 sites of the world.

I think that many of them did deserve to be on there, but I'd also think Acropolis and Easter Island should have been added onto there. I also don't know why the statue of liberty was one of the candidates. There isn't anything particularily amazing about it even when you think of how it was built, which was easy compared to the other places, which are quite amazing given their size and the tools available...

Tetra, ok many of them should be added but only 7 should be selected, so others have to go. And how statue of liberty was selected? Actually at first 77 sites have been put for voting and then final 21 was selected, so statue of liberty might have got more vote at that time.

I didn't even know that they vote upon what the Seven Wonders are. If I had known I would have voted on them as well. As of yet I haven't seen any of them, except maybe in pictures and who knows if I will or not but that'd be pretty cool to say that you have traveled to each of The Seven Wonders but if they vote on them again and they change you'll have to say, I've seen The Seven Wonders of 2007. :D The order doesn't really matter, the point is they are the top seven places to see in the world and are for the most part pretty historic.

Yeah the results have been out for quite sometime now. But there is trouble already with the UNESCO first distancing and then slamming the list. It believes all the ancient monuments deserve to be protected and lists such as these are unscientific.But we have to agree that this is good way of choosing which monuments people like most although there are bound to be worldwide differences. But again the 100 million votes are very miniscule.

I don't about you but the Banawe Rice Terraces in the Philippines should also be considered. It's as great a feat as the pyramids of Egypt if only for the mere fact that it was made during the time when no machinery existed.

I don't about you but the Banawe Rice Terraces in the Philippines should also be considered. It's as great a feat as the pyramids of Egypt if only for the mere fact that it was made during the time when no machinery existed.

i concur with your statement that the Banaue Rice Terraces should have been elected into the list as well. :P of course, there's a part of me as a filipino that wants this to be true, to make one of our very own wonders in our part of the world to earn the esteem and wonder of the rest of the world, as part of our heritage as a nation. but that's beside the point. :P it's a wonder all by itself, considering the engineering feat which made it possible back then, that it is ancient, handed down from generation to generation, not to mention that it is STILL of PRACTICAL use up to this time in history (providing a steady supply of rice to the locals). sadly, that i cannot say of the other new "wonders" of the world, especially the practicality aspect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banaue_Rice_Terraces

i suppose i, with my fellow filipinos, would have to content ourselves in calling our Banaue Rice Terraces as the "8th Wonder of the World", which we have unofficially done so for the longest time... until the next round of "choosing" comes around. :D