xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Striker9099

Error Using Fantastico!

Well I've just registered a free hosting account today and first I had a problem logging into my cPanel but it's okay now. And now after I logged into my cPanel, when I try to use fantastico I get this error:

Not Found
The server was not able to find the document (./frontend/rvblue/fantastico/index.php) you requested.
Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report this
error to your webhost.

cpaneld/11.2.2 Server at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

so what's the problem? and how can I fix it?

Please stay current with Xisto hosting issues by reading Alerts and Notices and Hosted Members area.Since the upgrade to cpanel 11, we have been having issues with Fantastico's auto script. Therefore, we have temporarily taken off line for this 3rd party plug-in.If you need to install certain scripts, please feel free to search and then post topic if not existing. Moving to Members section.

I'm sorry about that... I'm new to to Xisto. I noticed that this topic already exists after I posted it (in the wrong place I guess). But is this issue going to be solved anytime soon? Cuz honestly I need Fantastico so bad inorder to build a website. The problem isn't with me, it's with my internet connection. It is very slow at uploading and everytime I want to upload something I end up with nothing :S but Fantastico has most of the scripts which I need for my website so it's pretty much helpful and it saves me all the uploading trouble.

and what did you mean by:

If you need to install certain scripts, please feel free to search and then post topic if not existing

If you need to install certain scripts, please feel free to search and then post topic if not existing

What he means by that is if you need help with installing a particular script, then you can open a brand new topic and ask for help with installing the script.

But, what script do you need to download, since if you just transfer the zip file of the particular script it will be really fast, not as fast as fantastico, but it'll do. And if you want to do so then just ask I can help.

And remember, we will all once newbies and we all had problems like you have right now, so if u need anything at all I can help you to make you feel more comfortable with Xisto!
Edited by bk2070 (see edit history)

Thanks alot for your help man. I really appreciate it :P

what do you mean by this:

But, what script do you need to download, since if you just transfer the zip file of the particular script it will be really fast, not as fast as fantastico, but it'll do. And if you want to do so then just ask I can help.

what you're trying to say is that I could transfer the zip file of the script I want to install over the internet without downloading it to my computer then uploading it again? well if that's what you mean it'll be really great and please tell me how....

thanks in advance for any help. :D