xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cwconline

Vista Help And Support Error!

Hi... I was wondering if anybody is having the same issue and if they knew how to fix it.When I open Help and Support I get an error saying "FILE URL CANNOT BE DOWNLOADED" or similar to that... it like tries to open apage to download. what can I do to fix this?

I personally have not exeperience this error but it sounds like you might no have internet access and thus cant get to the file. This is just my opinion and could be wrong but i would check your internet connectivity

It couldnt be that! I am online right now and have tried it... Mmmm, i dunno... I really dont use it that much, but sometimes it helps out when I am looking for a certain thing... Anybody else any ideas?

Almost sounds like the Help system got corrupted, I would trying reinstalling the help file system and see if that works. From the general searching I did it seems the XML file that is used by the help and support might be corrupted, but I would suggestion searching around vista support at microsoft's website and see what can be found.

Vista's help system works mostly online. It will give you very little information if you are offline. Once you go online you will be presented with a full fledged hedlp service. Maybe in your case the help feature is trying to go online when you are still offline. Try checking the help ferature when you are online. If it does not rectify the error then I think 'Saint Michael' is right. The help system might have corrupted. Good luck!