xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
soleimanian

How To Restore Show Desktop Icon in Window XP

How to restore Show Desktop icon in Windows XP

Show Desktop is an icon in the quick lunch that lets you minimize all open windows quickly. If you delete Show Desktop icon casually, you cannot restore it as usual. To restore Show Desktop icon do following;

Open Notepad and copy/paste following code:

[Shell] Command=2 IconFile=explorer.exe,3 [Taskbar] Command=ToggleDesktop
And finally save above file as Show Desktop.scf in the following address:

C:\ Document and Settings \ Username \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ Quick Launch

That's a cool thing to know, i'm sure someone will find it useful, but I must say its just a whole lot easier to use the key combonation windows+d. :)

Show DesktopHow To Restore Show Desktop Icon

I know this is probably an old post but I have to butt my two cents in.  The key combination does NOT always work.  If you have a specific edit going on for something like Outlook or just about any other "High Tech" program, the key combination will not minimize everything. 

-reply by 1RealTruth

its easyfirst right click on desktop and then properties and den desktop and then customize desktopyou can see there the option available for your desktop icons select or un-select them and press ok and you are done