xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
crazymind21

Giving A Flash Button A Link i get errors

sir about the linking the flash buttonGiving A Flash Button A Link

Replying to puckSir I copied and paste your suggestion on how to link a button. But when I played the flash button that I made with the action script I copied from your post it says syntax error on. To be exact On(release) {. What is wrong with this. I hope u can help thanks alot-reply by mark lico

button load external html into divGiving A Flash Button A Link

Hi, I have flash navigation (embedded in a stage page) with onRelease going to frame x. Frame x has down state button.

I need another action for the buttons which tells an external page to load into a div in the main stage page.

I'm assuming I use External interface but I have no idea how to do it.

-reply by Mike

Replying to iGuestYou can use an anonymous function instead of a named one. Your errors are because you keep trying to redefine a function with the same name (mouseDownHandler). You can use an anonymous function instead:Bandpage.AddEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, function (event:MouseEvent):void { navigateToURL(new URLRequest("Lc;));});-reply by Steve

How edit a webpageGiving A Flash Button A Link

Hi,

I've successfully edit and made changes to a webpage, but one thing I cannot do is to be able to make a button go to a newly created page. All the instances where I've edited successfully were on existing pages. I suspect that in order to created a button which will point to a newly created webpage, one has to have the FLA file for the top root folder, which I don't have. Any suggestions ? I'm using CS4.

Many thanks.

-question by Madi Fox

on (release) {

getURL("http://trythis.com/;, "_blank");

}

i hope this helps, if it wont just holler :D

Ok.......I've tried long code, short code, short cuts. Nothing. I can't email OR open outside webpages. PLEASE help ASAP! :(

<p>I used the code to link my flash buttons, it works great on my computer that I'm working on, but when I tried it on another computer the links don't work, wonder why that could be? </p>-reply by Bryant

Hey, so have you found the answer to this? i am experiencing this myself.
Need some guidance here.
Thanks.

Hyperlink on a flash button.
When I open the 'Flash Format Properties' of the flash button it shows:

Name: obj3
Source URL: flash.swf
Base URL:
Playback

The Code:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000" id="obj3" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" border="0" width="147" height="59"><param name="movie" value="flashv.swf"><param name="quality" value="High"><embed src="flash.swf" pluginspage="https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="obj3" width="147" height="59"></object>
I don't see the "on relase" button. I tried to put my hyperlink at Base URL, but it doesn'work
Diana
Edited by moderator (see edit history)