xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TypoMage

Gauntlet Dark Legacy Review

So it begins as a evil Mage named Garm who used the power of the 13 runes to release a evil demon name Skorne into the land. But Skorn broke lose from his power and killed him banishing him to the underworld. So Skorne hid the 13 runestones in the realms so no one could use them against him. And he scattered his minions across all of the realms as to guard it from anyone brave enough to go against him. So now you are in a temple that has lots of realms containing portals to that realm. To unlock more realms you need to collect certain types of crystal things that are spread across all of the realms. Once you collect the required amount you go on to the next realm. At the last portal of each realm there is a boss. I will just talk to you about the first realm's boss. Lich he is a very tall, scithe wielding, crazy zombie masked killing machine! :) He is pretty easy to beat you should be able to do it even at a low level if you are playing with friends! But there are two versions of this game and one is horrible and good at the same time and the othrer one is the same. Here is what I mean Gamecube version you can have a inventory it is when you collect any items that can be dropped by Mini-Bosses ( They are harder then any other monster in the level there is about 3-4 in a average level ) Or you can find in chests which are opened by keys which are found like in barrels or in secret walls like any other item. Soem items just lay on the ground. But when you get these you can select which one you want to use. Any when you are fighting a Mini-Monster or Boss it will not show the health. But in the Ps2 version it does show the health but you have no inventory! You have to imediatly use the item! Which I think sucks :P Each item you use runs out based on time or use. There are special items that can help to fight bosses if you find them they are automaticly used to kill it faster. When you kill a boss and you have friends with you it can cause alot of hell. It drops coins when it dies so everyboddy goes to grab all of them before the other one does :) Which I think is hilarious! :) That is why when I did play that game I played alone. Also when you kill a Boss for the first time ( You can kill it over and over again for Xp and Money ;) ) It drops a shard which you use to open a special temple in there you find the 13 rune you need to collect thirteen of them they are spread across the realms except for the thirteenth one that one is in the Desecrated Temple shich as said above you need the 13 shards from all the bosses to open it. After you get all of the Shards you can fight Skorn he drops items that you can use to kill things faster and easily these last longer then other items and look really sweet on your character. No on to the Experience, as you fight monster you gain levels to the maximum of 99. Harder the monster more Xp! And also with the gold, after each level you get brought to the shop where you can by item like wepaons and food, also you can buy Stats. You have stats that grow by each level along with the maximum health of your guy.
That is at most the most basic idea I can give you of this game it is very in depth but my fingers are starting to hurt. ;)
I hope this encouraged some of you people that have never played to get this game it is very good! No matter how old it is!

For any more information on the game, Click Here

Edited by TypoMage (see edit history)

It really takes me back, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy was a good game. However, i didn't like the way that you could accidentally poison you own food. Anyway, the game was indeed good especially for its time.Good game.

Edited by mattmgill (see edit history)

Yea it was good for its time and yes poisoning food does suck. But I think the worse part is when you walk into the poisonous food you have to eat it to poison yourself losing health! :) But still it is a very good game!