xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
khalilo

Making A Data Base i need info

Ok i made a new database called khalilo_unitsThere are no tables but i see create a table and number of fieldsWhats a table and whats the number of fieldsagain make this as detailed and long as possible

A Database is a collection of related information.
Tables are a collection of 'similar' information within the Database.
The Tables are structured into 'rows', or 'records'.
Each Rows includes 'fields'.

Example: a Database named "school" contains Tables named "students", "teachers" and "courses". The information about students is in the 'students' table, etc.

The Table for 'students' might contain name, address, phone number, student id_number. These are fields.

The table for 'courses' would contain information about the different courses, such as the Teacher responsible and the Students registered in that course.

This is a simplified version. Most applications use a "normalized" Database which is another Lesson, so once you understand the structure of simple Databases, it is important to grasp the concept of Database Normalization, where you reduce the amount of redundant data in the database and create connections between the various Tables. For example, you would likely create a 'student course' Table to connect students and classes instead of storing the information in the student record.

Hope this assist you with the concepts. There is much more that you will need to understand about Databases, this posting is intended to be simply a Primer.

Google will provide a fuller response. search: Database Tables
Or here: https://gen.xyz/

You should probably read some tutorials and other literature on databases, what they are, and what they do. I assume you're probably using a MySQL database. There are tons of places around the internet that you can find out whatever you need to know about MySQL databases. Everything I know, I have learned from the internet :)

Example of a table: (lets call it student)

????[/tab]?????????????Roll ??????????????Name ??????????????Branch

??????????????????1 ??????????????????A ???????????????Computers

??????????????????2 ??????????????????B ???????????????????Civil

??????????????????3 ??????????????????C ????????[tab]???Electronics

Now in this table called student the fields are : Roll, Name, Branch

to create a table in?phpmyadmin?just?fill?in?the?table?name?and?no?of?fields?on?the?initial?form?and?then?click?go.

In the next form enter the respected names of the fields (eg?Roll, Name, Branch ), type (integer, char etc ), length (max size of the variable in most cases varchar with length 255 does the trick unless you are going to be comparing?some numbers) don't worry about collation, you can set attributes to unsigned etc if you need , can decide if you want null values,?set default values, auto increment etc. Now one more thing you can do in this page is set the primary key. The primary key of a table uniquely identifies each record in the table. Now press go and you will have created your table.

see some database tutorial herepixel2life.com or take any book of atabase or relational systemthese are the very basic of database u are askking..hope u get answer from the above mentioned replies..