xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
penno195

New Web Site Concept! Feedback Wanted!

I had an idea that i no could be a great asset and could make a hell of a lot of money and would proberly be bought by google if it took off and at the rate google pay it could make some people a lot of money they just bough you tube for somthing like $840,000,000. :) i dont know if this would work i am looking for feedback and i dont know if i should put this on here as the idea will proberly get done by someone, it proberly has already been done but please dont tell me im a fool for not nowing about it, it must not be very good if not that many people know about it and way here it is, :) I wanted to make a website called somthing like a2z.com, it will consist of thousands of pages on diffrent subjects so you can find out about anything you want just type in the search and ytou will get a page on the subject you want to know about, the thing is to get all the pages it will ask people to write about any subject they want and get it published on the site in return they would either get points for prizes/sweep stakes or a percentage of the profits generated from there page, the site would generate an income from the google adsence program and also indervidual company sponsership, ;) how many subjects is there in the world say a small estimate of 100,000 subject pages, if each page is viewed just twice a day (some wont be viewed one day and others would be viewed a lot more) and the user then wanted more info they would thus generating a profit average clicks from adsence is $0.02-$8.00 say each click was worth $1.00, so you have a ad click ratio of just 5% you would have generated a profit of $5,000 a day $1,825,000 a year as a low estimate, and how many page views do a site like you tube recive each day 1 million, 2 million i dont know but it is a lot if a2z.com got any were near 1million page views and a 5% click through rate it would total around $50,000 aday $18,250,000 a year not bad for an info website. ;) I dont want loads of people to say you will never make $18million a year from that, i just want people to say wether they think it would be possible to get a small slice of it with the idea, if they think it would work, if they would use it, to have a compleate information pages on the internet cant be a bad thing can it? :P Thanks please reply!!! :)

I'm thinking of it as a Wiki, of sorts. Or similar to about.com, where they have information provided by experts on the topic.Good idea, don't mean to burst your bubble, b ut it has already been done. If you proceed, I certainly wish you the best...

It is a good idea, but unfortunatly, like jlhaslip said, it has been done. Sounds like a modified wiki; however, if you do manage to get alot of content on it, then you could possibly start getting bigger since people would prefer to write content for a website that pays them, but I would make the pay optional so they didn't have to give you sensitive information just to write content, it could deter people. Good luck.

Go for it, I say. The numbers of internet users is ever increasing and there is always room for more services etc.Copycating is one of the most basic and time tested methods of starting a business. You pretty much can't go wrong using the copycat method. Like you said "small slice" is all the action you need to start and from there on it's a snowball effect with minimal effort compared to traditional brick and mortar businesses. It's a good idea to have a system that feeds itself if only you can nail down the quality control. (maybe you can find a good model for that problem and copycat that too!) You could have departments or sections devoted to categories and sort the user community accordingly. Have doctors all belong to "WIKImd" and laborers "WIKIconstruction" so users have confidence that when they chose to enter a forum there will be people in there who know something about the category. Problem there is screening members to make sure your site maintains quality and keeps out spammers etc. Look at DMOZ and the problems they have had. It is tough to figure out a good way to manage this problem of quality in forums. That would make a good topic.

just check suite101 , this is exactly what you are suggesting and looks like a sound business plan to me!Many upsides to becoming a contributor and many upsides to starting your own site modeled after suite101Hmm maybe I will start another project myself, this is looking good.