xisto Community
lloydg

Dota ?Defense of the Ancients

Dose any here play DotA.. because i do.. what hero do you use and what is your faverout mode..

Fav hero: Luna (just cuz she's my more currnt not really my fav but yeah)
fav mode: apem.. lol n00b mode

abit about dota from there web site so you can know what it is if u dont play.

What is DotA?
DotA stands for Defense of the Ancients, it's a free mod for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne. The purpose of the game is to defend your Ancient and try to destroy the opponents Ancient. The ancients are located deep in both bases, which are located at the top right and bottom left corners of the map. There are over 70 heroes that differ greatly in play style. Each of these heroes have been carefully designed so they are both balanced and unique. The map is updated frequently, sometimes to add new heroes, fix bugs or to make a balance update. The strategies possible with DotA are pretty much endless, choosing the wrong item and hero combination can mean the difference between a win and a loss for your team. The gameplay in DotA Allstars can be classified as relatively fast because as the game progresses any small mistake you make can be fatal to the overall team.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

:) Yea I have tried to play it but every game the drop me cause they know I suck at it but still how the hell am I supposed to get good? I barely play Warcraft anymore.

Well to get good you could find friends that play and get them to teach you like you could play at internet cafes or something or i think there are AI version were u can play by your seff untill you are good unuf to play on bnet

I play since version 6.19 I think. That is the best WC3 map I ever played. I have many friends that are playing, many of them are better then me but no matter, that is a game and I was never good at games.When I'm think I'm better on "TO TELL" than on "TO DO". I like the strenght and agility heroes because they have more health points and armor against inteligence (harder to kill). Preffer only ap (all pick) and ar (all random) mode. When is all pick mode on I like to choose Chaos Knight because of his blink and stun skills, and his critical always works when I need it so bad. I never liked his ultimate skill, that is what I'm opening last. For him the best is Power Treads and Sange and Yashe because he is so fast and can easily chase, blink then stun hero.And hey if anyone need help on what to buy and what skills to open on some of the heroes simply post here to tell you.Share expiriance, isn't it nice. :D

Edited by MPesic (see edit history)

This game can get wrather annoying.I don't see why people play this map so much.There are way better maps out there that could own this map.Eh, the time I play it, I can never get anyone good. So I can't really say I have a set hero I like using.

Yeah i used to play so much lol, Me and my mates at uni would smetimes skip class to go play this for hours. I think I played it for about 1.5 years. Its just one of those games where it usally only last 20-40 mins, Its a instant action type of game based around a mini RPG leveling system. being around kills give you expereince to level up getting kills give you gold to purchase special items that can be upgraded to a final weapon or item boosting your stats. You gotta use alot of team work as 2 vs 1 player is obvious who will win. I still think about having a few games now a days because its that much fun. What I am really waiting for though is SC2 to come out then I'm defintely getting back into RTS.

Back in the days when I used to play warcraft I would play this a lot. I think I started playing back when they were still in the beta version. I remember getting the hero that had the horse and spawned ghouls I forgot his name.

I used to play DoTa but like a lot of people who first start off I was horrible at the game. And of course people would yell at me for "feeding" the other team, though I don't understand why people had to get so mad when it didn't count for anything. I stopped playing this game pretty quick but I am sure it is fun to play with friends. But the people who get angry for no reason really should stop playing that game, its not like it will affect them in any way other than losing one game. Either way, like I said, I stopped playing and I was never good at DoTa or Warcraft III for that matter. So for all you pros out there, how about giving the noob a break for once? They don't mean to be bad they just don't have the experience!

I was introduced to this by my Guildwars guild. It was really hard at the start, but as I got used to the paranoid play style it was really fun. I still prefer Guildwars though, but Dota is good to play when im looking for something else to play.

Do you have the Warcraft III cheats...? If you have, email me at sl4y3r1980@yahoo.co.idOh... I've forgot this. My favorite hero is Kael the Invoker. if you have DotA v6.50, you can see this hero at The Sentinel's Tavern

i occasionally play dota at school with my friends.. i prefer Razor because he is easy to level up; he also got some powerful long range lighting attacks.. dota is best played with multiple players because once the heat is up - there is no stoppin'

Edited April 18, 2008: Sorry for the wrong post. Yeah, I did post on the wrong thread; Apparently, it is inadvisable to reply to multiple threads on different tabs :P Sorry for the mistake, mea maxima culpa

Anyway, about DotA, I used to take STR-based heroes for their HP. Now, however, I'm getting harassed early game pretty much so I've switched to ranged heroes or melee spellcasters. At the moment, I've been playing Invoker, Doombringer, Dark Seer, Lightning Revenant, Netherdrake, Twin Headed Dragon and Ogre Magi.

Favorite item, hmmn... I'd have to say Eye of Skadi, although it looks more like a skull than an eye, dontcha think? ^_^

Edited by salamangkero (see edit history)

I could say the same of fossil fuels; where do we get the power to drill/pump them?
Really, we can't have infinite energy but, I suppose, won't it be better to split water into fuel cells using power from hydroelectric stations, windmills, geothermal plants and solar cells instead of fossil fuels?

Anyway, I don't think we can "recycle" water for power within the same vehicle. I mean, we can't just have a splitter waiting by the exhaust... unless that same vehicle has solar cells or a nuclear reactor within. So... it's kinda feasible for ships... or trucks, but I don't think we'd have a fuel cell and water splitter combo in cars anytime soon.

Now, about its side effects, I'm pretty sure there'd be changes on the climate. I mean, we're transporting water here; there's bound to be changes in the water cycle. Then again, there may be insignificant ones, since we've been moving water around (along pipes, open canals, down drains, in gutters or on streets) for a long time now. Just my two cents :P

^_^ dude, i think you posted on the wrong thread ^^

I've been playing DotA for quite some time now. Well, basically you could say it was the bold fusion of Strategy with RPG elements that attracted me to the map. Being a long time RPG player, innovative stuff like this attracts your attention. Anyway, it took me a little while to get accustomed to the game-play and the dos and donts, but I suppose that once you've gone past that point there is so much that you can explore.

Anyway, since this topic is not about what the game is and neither is it about any strategies, I'm not going to delve any further in that regard.

As far as the questions go, I think all the Heroes are balanced and they cant be judged on a 1v1 basis. Thats exactly why this is a 5v5 team game.

My current favorite is Nevermore, simply because the last couple of games that I've played had incorporated some of the most well-timed combos that I've seen yet, and standing there in Lothar's Edge, and using your ultimate.... Sheer exhilaration. Oh and as far as the mode goes, I like -xl and -sd the most.

I guess that's pretty much it, if any of y'all want to discuss something about DotA, feel free to PM me.

Cheers.