xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TikiPrincess

How Do You Cook Your Ramen?

I love ramen! It's great food and can be quite filling if you add more stuff to it. I prepare my ramen different ways, but the most simple is just boiling it and eating it with whatever comes in the package. I also like to make it more hearty by adding cabbage, onions and an egg. You just put the egg in once your done cooking, as the water is still boiling hot, and then mix it right away so that it dissolves into the soup base. Adds good substance to the soup!Also, for the chow mein or yakisoba flavored noodles, I like to boil the noodles, then fry them with ground beef or shrimp, and add some peppers and onions and carrots. It's very tasty and filling. You can also add scrambled eggs to this.

oh yeah... cookin ramen... my favorite. the best way to cook ramen is to get one of those cheap gladware plastic containers (preferably a square one!) and fill it about 75% full of water.... next, put your ramen noodles in there ( i usually use two packs ) next, put in ALL of the spices you like... im talkin raid the spice cabinet! if it sounds good, throw some in! another awesome ingredient that people dont usually think of is that minced garlic in the small jar... put like a large spoonful in the water.... finally throw all of this in the water with the noodles and put that in the microwave for like 6 minutes! bon a petit! enjoy!!

As a college student i think that I could probably serve as an expert source on Ramen noodles. I have this seasoning thing that my mom gave me that has like 5 italian seasoning in it that is supposed to be used with olive oil for an italian bread dip. But i usually use one of the flavors in place of the seasoning packet that comes with the Ramen. Another cheap way to eat is to buy the big cheap bag of boneless chicken breast then cut them into strips and bake at 400 until thier done. Then buy the cheap stir fry mix in the freezer aisle and make some damn good chicken stir fry. You don't always have to eat crap to eat cheap.