xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

my favorite anti virus protection ever and will always be avg antivirus protection. its the greatest thing ever made in antiviral software. i tried norton for a while and it just messed up my computer and also allowed more spyware in rather than keeping it out. if you use norton antivirus i suggest you try avg and compare your results. more than likely avg will b much better and its free for life updated almost every day :P

I have really have two firewalls protecting my computer. I have a hardware firewall/router and Sygate Personal firewall installed on my computer. I have never had any real problems with attacks. I would say that Sygate has the best free firewall out there. By the way I also have the windows firewall enabled... but I don't think it does much good with two other firewalls that are alot better.

Go Hardware. I have a Linksys router to protect my network. It is easy to use and customize; and it doesn't use system resources. It also has an 8 port switch.

I think the best firewall in Zone Alarm Pro. Also tried Norton but I had some problems with it when connecting to dc++. The only thing I don't like at ZoneAlarm is that they don't have a LiveUpdate module :D

Ad-aware is the greatest. Even the free version is great. Never missed a bug. And what is great about Ad-aware? It has weekly updates so you can have the latest signatures every week. I should tell you to use a good firewall ... it helps stop many nasty bugs.

I have so many anti spyware programs installed on my computer that i can't remember all of them and still sometimes i'd get pop ups even using Firefox! but what I use the most is Noadware, Pestpatrol, ADaware Se but all these are paid and well a lot of people don't want to pay for that kind of things but well I also use bazooka, search and destroy and spywareblaster which are free, then I have a few more installed but I don't use them as often, but yeah the more you have the better sometimes some would detect spyware that the other programs won't....

ad-aware is the program i use. it's free and always updated. i preffer to keep it quiet there are other good programs like "Pest Patrol" and "GIANT anti-spyware".

36584[/snapback]

i like using ad-aware but i hated giant anti spyware. it took for ever to scan my files that the other program run through quickly as well it found like nothing and gave the annoying pop up messages when a program went to open IE. i hate having to cvhange a setting in order not to b annoyed. i like ad-aware and webroot: spysweeper

I use Norton Internet Security and it has spyware detectors built into the Norton Anti-Virus, But I also have Lavasoft's Ad-Adware Pro With Ad-Watch (something that prevents spyware by locking certain parts of your system and alerts you if a spyware trys to install). I also have Spybot Search and Destroy and I havet Microsoft AntiSpy! I recommend just using Norton, because it's easy and fast (at least, on my computer.) The only downpoint is that it costs money!~ D O O G A