xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

if you want a great antivirus then i recommend Bit Defender Antivirus 2008, its the best paid antivirus in the market. It is number 1 in many antivirus reviews. Though too bad its not free but if your looking for a antivirus that really works then Bit Defender 2008 Antivirus is all you need. You don't need multiple antivirus since it will cripple your system performance . But if your looking for the best free antivirus then i would recommend Avira Antivir. That's the one i' currently using since i dont have the money to buy Bit defender. It also does the job except that it won't check your email for viruses, meaning you wont get a warning if you will open an email that contain a virus but dont worry because after you have open it Avira Antivir will immediately come to an effect and will quickly caught the virus and prevent it from entering your system. This antivirus together with some free antispyware and a firewall will form a secure system for you.

The best Antivirus is your own common sense. If you don't have that, you don't have the best protection against virii - preventing them from even being installed on your computer.

In my opinion the best antivirus ever maded is Kaspersky, it's not heavy, and got all the virus in internet. I have anothers antivirus, like macfee, and Norton, and AVG, Avast, but any of them did what Kaspersky do. This antivirus i recommend for everyone. If your computer have a virus, and you can't take it off, download the trial version of Kaspersky, update, and see...

I think, bit defender is the best antivirus suite for your computer. it will really and totally protect your computer from viruses, trojans, hacker, worm, spyware and alllll thats why bit defender is nominated by the best antivirus 2008. But, bit defender will make your computer little bit slower. To keep your computer fast, use AVG antivirus, it really help you.

HELP about Kaspersky 8

The Best Anti-virus

I have mistakenly blocked some registry changes by non harmful programes "for all sessions". Now those programes don't run on my comp.

Mozilla and MATLAB are 2 of them ...

Please help me find to reverse the process...

-reply by shubhendu

I have used Mcofee, Norton Anti virus, zone alarm, Nod 32, Panda, Pc cillin and maybe moreI have trusted Norton more than others but it makes your pc very slow Mcofee is same but NOD32 is good, not very easy to use for normal user but you don't feel it's installed on your computer which is nice and everyday it updates itself.

For the person who use the trap feedbacker I would say do a system restore to a point after you made those changes, and if that doesn't work you might have to uninstall Kaspersky 8 and then reinstall it again. OF course I would also suggest contacting Kaspersky support and see if they can tell you what the steps to reverse the process.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I use a Chinese made called Kingsoft. It's really good, it gets updates for your comp way better than auto, and has 3 firewalls, super virus scan, trojan scan. it scans all files, i mean ALL. It even offered to update me to vista home pro, and the office one. :P but you have to pay-download it. and the site is in chinese, unless you can find it somewhere else...

To me, AVG Anti-Virus is the best Anti-Virus out there. It gets updated like every two days, and automatically checks for updates daily (you can even make this hourly in the paid version). It's incredibly smart and thorough, but also rather quick, plus it auto-scans the computer every three days in the background, and lets you know the results. For an extra step of security, I also reccomend getting Comodo Firewall Pro with Defence+. This extremely powerful Firewall Software is completely free and extremely secure, plus Defence+ allows the Firewall to automatically learn the functions of all the currently installed programs on your computer and automatically allow them, and any new applications that get added to the computer are automatically distrusted so that the Firewall always informs you what's going on with them and allows you to block or allow suspicious activity. Combine these two solutions together, and you've got the most secure computer in the block! It's never let me down!

On any machine I have windows on, Ive tried several, including most of the free ones. I currently use iolo antivirus on my main everyday box. I got a year free off the front of a computer magazine. So far seems to be doing an excellent job. I cant complain at all. Fast and unobtrusive, just seems to do the job. Before that I was using a paid for version of bitdefender, also good but a lot harder to configure correctly, and prone to returning false positives. For example the plugin pack for irfanview image viewer would get picked up every time, and I hate having to make exceptions when you shouldnt have to.On my laptop, I use antivir, free, and seems to work very well. At least Ive never had any problems, and it is extremely easy to set up and use. Very minimal. Although the only things downloaded on that machine are emails anyway, it lacks the real-time protection for that, but it WILL pick up anything you try to open, or manually scan. Good product for those that might be overwhelmed by the whole configuration of AV thing.Lastly, I just HAVE to say, you couldn't pay me enough money to install Mcafee on any of my machines. The amount of times Ive been asked to check out machines that have slown down to a crawl, or worse, just stopped responding completely, have nearly ALWAYS had Mcafee on them, just booting the machine is an experience in pain. I'm sure it must work fine for some people, that just hasn't been my experience at all.Ive also used avast and AVG, good but average in my opinion.

To partly agree with MadDog,I like and think AntiVir is the best. Even the free version protects and viruses and trojans that most other antiviruses cannot find. This antivirus has super easy updating and very often to keep up to date. The scanner finds and scans almost everything to protect your system.This was what saved me from an msn WLM virus attack which no others could fix, it saved me from many downloaded viruses, even some serious ones....I've always trusted it ever since a friend gave me it.About the e-mail protection, I know, it doesn't have it well. But If you get premium it's excellent and prevents e-mail viruses too. I know, no one likes it when you have to pay, but use it free for a while until you think you can afford premium, because it's excellent. I had McAfee, which was ok, but missed some things. Well that's my opinion on this.

kaspersky internet security never failed me in protecting the computer.. i suggest you try it because of it's small memory footprint - unlike norton products that uses too much memory

AVG hands down. I used to be a firm believer in norton until I tried AVG. Out went norton to the shredder and in went AVG