xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I agree about the service packs too but not only for the service pack 2 but for 1 also. I got the service pack 2 and my internet stopped working, so i reinstalled windows and tried getting it again then the same thing happen.....you just can't trust microsoft anymore can you???

Zone Alarm to me works great. Along with their Virus protection working together its a sure hit. Also you can customize pretty much anything you want about the firewall along with easy set up and tutorial examples which help out if you dont know anything to do with it.

I feel you there man :D

I might actually ask you for the Panda serial.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ditch ms firewall, dont use nortan cause its friggin gay, and zonealarm is needlessy complicated. Go to https://www.symantec.com/, they have a great free software firewall for download I use it, i reccomend to all my friends and family to use it and i can safely say that i have NEVER been hacked even when i have asked people to try (**Note, im behind a router as well) and I have NEVER gotten a worm or virus just from being online so I give Sygate Personal Firewall 2 Thunmbs Up :D

ZoneAlarm would probably be the best firewall that you could get out there. Also another firewall is Sygate's personal firewall which is also a very good firewall. It got more stars according to PC World or PC Magazine (Don't know which one). Both have a variety of features for security but ZoneAlarm has more. It just depends which one you want and both will protect your computer from intruders, hackers, etc. very well. Then there are the others like McAfee or Norton which are good also but not as "powerful" as ZoneAlarm and Sygate.

ZoneAlarm would probably be the best firewall that you could get out there.  Also another firewall is Sygate's personal firewall which is also a very good firewall.  It got more stars according to PC World or PC Magazine (Don't know which one).  Both have a variety of features for security but ZoneAlarm has more.  It just depends which one you want and both will protect your computer from intruders, hackers, etc. very well.  Then there are the others like MacAfee or Norton which are good also but not as "powerful" as ZoneAlarm and Sygate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hardly, they are quite more powerful than Zonealarm or Sygate. I dont know where you get your facts but they are more powerful, just geared towards the advanced user to use all the features. Btw i absolutely HATE nortons internet security, its just stupid, by default it likes to cut off ALL interent access... i reccomned Sygate once again. And not to be rude, but fyi its McAfee, you spelled it the way its pronounced.

I have tried both Sygate and ZoneAlarm free version. But I don't like them very much. Than I tried Kerio and it is a great firewall. But I am surprised that no one has mentioned this firewall in this thread??????

free antivirus with good protection? nope i don't think you will get it.i suggest you buy Norton Antivirus, they provide you with live update, and the newest update on virus list and protection... yeah you have to buy it....

If you are going to buy ... then go for Kaspersky! the are the best according the the virus scan comparision charts. Then comes mcaffe and on the third position is Norton. Norton scored less because it was resource extensive.

I am somewhat baffled that you were unable to find free anti virus software via google, especially since your first search gives 2 well known programs easily in the first page, perhaps you didn't see those as any good

Of course you get what you pay for so generally a free anti virus program won't be as good as a paid one, which I would reccomend getting (Norton and McAfee are good)

here are a few links to pages and articles with links and reviews of free anti virus programs:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
http://antivirus.about.com/od/freeantivirussoftware/

Also a anti virus program is essential but I would also reccomend a firewall (a free alright one is Zonealarm, and anti adware/spyware software (Ad-Aware and Spybot are best in my opinion)

hmm Arabic?

i see, every anti virus has its own specialty, for example, NorTon Antivirus is good for desktop using, the norton diskdoctor and maintenance tools also the best. Firewall, i think is more secure on premium mcaffe firewalls..About the comparison charts, in one of computer magazine in my country, the top third is Norton, Kapersky and followed by Mcaffe.However it is depend on your need..

free antivirus with good protection? nope i don't think you will get it.i suggest you buy Norton Antivirus, they provide you with live update, and the newest update on virus list and protection... yeah you have to buy it....