xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

What anti virus do you use or wat one do you wish you had and wich works the best. I at the moment am using Anti Vir which i think is great because its preety good and most importantly it's free. Another good use of this program is it updates it virus definitions once, twice and sometimes more a day. Any one else use anti vir?

I used to use the Norton Anti-Virus software when I first started using anti-virus software, but I did some research, and I came across war-docs which pointed out the fact that Norton is the biggest anti-virus software company on the market. What this means is that, since they're the biggest, they're the most common, and so virus writers write their virii, to not be detected by Norton. I understand that some virii are so complex that they can even uninstall during a scan then re-install afterwards, preventing detection. To work around this problem I now use an off-band of anti-virus software called AVG Free Edition anti-virus. I Also use http://www.antivirus.com/, which is an online scanner from Trend Micro.

I don't use anti-virus, actually. XD I'm running a Linux system called Linspire (4.5 to be exact). Greatest operating system I have ever used.On both my parents' computers, they use Avast!. It's pretty cool. We used to use Norton until 2005, when they started using the identification codes and we couldn't use it on both computers. :P

I use norton. But i Don't like it. It adds 5 1/2 minutes to my computer's start up time.As a security suite, I like ZoneAlarm MUCH better. I also like it as a firewall. But antivirus - ZA uses eTrust. And I'm not exactly sure about their quality.A lot of people recommend NOD32 to me as well. I guess I should give it a go too.

I've been using Avast for years now and I never had serious problems with viruses. I tried Norton once (I bought a new computer with it pre-installed) but after it crashed about 2 times in 1 month I uninstalled Norton and installed Avast. Once you install it and register for free, you do not have to do anything anymore. It works reliably absolutely automatically.

I use AVG Antivirus. It's free and it seems like it cleans almost every single virus that I ever get. Im not too smart when it comes to antiviruses and firewalls but a lot of people say it's good so I decided to use it myself. Every morning I wake up and its scanned the computer and downloaded new virus definitions so it seems pretty good to me.

I think Avast Home is a good answer. It's free, automatically and frequently update, has many feature such as Instant Messaging, Internet mail and Outlook/Exchange scan. It also has network shield, standard shield, web shield and P2P shield. The virus database is fast update. It Includes Boot time scan option. It's detection level is very high though it never eat up your system resources.It's completely customizable to your needs and could be made very nice by choosing from wide variety of skins available at the avast web site.

I am using Avast which is try to get free version but if you are with McAfee anti virus having all product of that, then your PC will feel more secure itself. Because McAfee provide many good product few of then are :

1. McAfee AntiSpyware

2. McAfee Personal Firewall

3. McAfee QuickClean

4. McAfee SpamKiller

5. McAfee VirusScan

6. mcafees SiteAdvisor

All in one pack. So install all product and make your PC out of virus and hacker.

Sophos's unique culture of research and technology evolution for me and has ensured that we stay at the leading edge of protection as the industry adjusts to constantly changing threat and IT environments. Our integrated solutions protect every layer of business from laptops and mobile devices, to desktops, servers and gateways.

Where others have sought shortcuts to true innovation by buying in new technologies and bundling them together to form "suites", Sophos has built its product range out from proven core technologies. Sophos constantly enhances and revises these technologies, resulting in iterative improvements as threats and user requirements evolve. Customers do not need to buy additional modules and products to benefit from these enhancements, they are delivered as part of Sophos's ongoing service and update program.

Suggest it everyone

http://www.uregina.ca/is/