xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I have a hardware firewall guarding my network, which regularly emails me to tell me it has foiled another attack! However, some attacks still seem to get through, as I have just installed Norton Internet Security 2006 and it picks up the odd one or two threats, but nothing on the scale as when we didn't have a network and Norton 04 was the only line of defense.

I personally hate firewalls. I have lots of programs running at once that go to and from the internet and firewalls just get in the way when i add a new one. I scan my computer regularly for spyware and the sorts but im not too worried. I do NOT recommend Zone Alarm, it never remembered my settings, even when i told it to!

There are a few programs that implement optimal sorting algorithms that sort the bad packets or data from the not. Eitherway, if you are a programmer,developer, network technician, try coupling up hardwares and softwares together with your knowledge of network and data transfers.You can put yourself on ZoneAlarm if you want a fast setup of firewall that defienitely blocks everything even if it is your system. Norton Internet Security is one of the best. Free, quiet, and doesn't bother you when it is not important.Still the choice depends on the user. Eitherway, if you have two pc, an old one and a new one, try making the old one as your firewall, or if you only have one, dont make your pc 24/7 and/or leave it without firewalls or antivirus disable.Some viruses can disable famous antivirus and antispywares if they have successfully infiltrated the system.Caution is a must.

The best way to make your computer secure is to use Linux for browsing the Internet, as there are only about 10 viruses written for it. (or something like that). I myself am not that bothered about Viruses etc, although I do scan for them once a month.

If you guys don't feel like Zone Alarm.Then go for Agnitum Outpost Firewall , it can cut down any bad site or picture on that site.If you feel like then go to its homepage :http://www.agnitum.com/index.php

i've come across some huge problems with norton internet security, and when you try to uninstall it, you can end up with even more problemszonealarm is ok (i use it on one of my pcs) but it can be annoying to configure and use sometimes

The best way to protect your PC from hackers/crackers (both the edible kind) is to unplug it :P If you are a software devloper/programmer would't you install back door incase you need to get in for any reason? I would, that's the reason why we leave spare keys with family :)

Avast+Zone Alarm is what I use, I don't get spyware or virusesm and avast is much better than Norton or Mcafee, they are just resource hogs. I used to have Norton and Mcafee, with Norton, my computer would take an hour to shut down, and with Mcafee an hour to start up. Also Avast auto updates itself whereas with Norton and Mcafee you get those annoying messages.

Nod32: "Better. Faster. Smaller."If there wasn't a flash logo when nod32 starts, you couldn't even tell wether it's on or not. It has updates everyday, keeping you always up to date.It has a 30-day trial version for you to test... It has approximately 10mb to intall... If it's free to test, why not!? If you like, just BUY! It's not expensive! In fact, if you compare it to Norton, McAfee, you will se it's cheap! And it totally worths it!

hi could someone help me im looking to get a new anti virus but i dont know whats the best to get. whats the best anti virus please help. :)

Notice from cmatcmextra:
Moving from google misc. AND renaming title to make it more descriptive

i think that the best anti virus is kasper sky and you can download it here!!!
http://usa.kaspersky.com/ download the windows workstation version! it is about 24mbs!
blieve me!! in fact i never liked antiviruses! because they just will use all of my ram space and also dont find any viruse! so i used to delet viruses on my computer myself!!!:)
but since i found kasper sky i really surprised cause i had not ever seen an antiviruse as that!
it never use more than 10mbs of your ram space! it finds all of viruses and also has a disinfect option for your application with are infected!
and also you can send your unknown files to them and they will analize it in at most 24houres and then they will email you the result!
and if it would be infected they will add it to their updates!:P
so by the way i really recommend you to download it!
enjoy! bye

i use zonealarm its seriously amazing and has a good program control list where you can just disable a virus by not letting it get out (thats f you cant delete it)its great sorted out all my problems when i switched from avg Its easy to use aswell with a nice interfaceheymish

@heymishHave you ever looked a virus database list? I mean... AVG is one of the worst on everykind of search... I just hope you are not talking about AVG Free Version which is even worst...As I said before, please test Nod32 and you will never get back to any other.

use avg if you don't have the resources to buy the commercial ones. i've read an article over the internet entitled 46 best-ever freeware utilities indicating avg, alongside ad-aware, spybot s&d, and ewido for the best freeware when it comes to protection from virus and spyware.but of course i won't guarantee you a perfect output. there are new viruses that come out almost everyday, and it's best to have the precaution for these stuff. and of course prevention is always better than cure--you should be aware of the sites that you surf and stuff that you download over the internet.well, my argument would be nullified if i told my experience about this matter.