xisto Community
MSTR

The Best Anti-virus What Do you think ?

I pretty much ahve the new service pack so my firewall is based on that. I have no clue about any stats on it.

1. Panda Internet Security

2. ZoneAlarm Pro

3. Skygate or something i forgot the name...

WHATEVER YOU DO DONT GET SERVICE PACK 2!!! SCREWS UP SOME OF YOUR COMPUTER PARTS AND YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD ALL THESE DUMB PATCHES!

Edited: Dont give away serials

the best software is a pandafirewall. but symantec does it 2... don't use the zone alarm firewall because it has too many securityholes - i read bout it on many hackersites [newsgroup alt.2600.hackerz]

--------------------------------------

If I see you here again talking anything about serials... :)

This is a warning. This is not a site for illegal wares or serials.

Googlue

Edited by googlue (see edit history)

You are problbly right but i find that zone alarm is more user friendly than symantec firewalls. The symantec firewalls that i have tried have had problems from corruptions to blocking internet access and much more so i was just thinking is there any thing i could do to stop that?

I have uninstalled Tiny Firewall. I have been back to use the built-in windows xp sp2 firewall. The applications runs faster than ever!

I use one, and only one firewall... It's WRQ's AtGuard, now better known as Norton Firewall (Symantec bought the software, and didn't even bother to rename file names :) )It works quite well, no hack-in's, stops ad's, malicious scripts, and is very easily configurable... It' blocks more than 1000 connections per hour on my comp! Nothing get's in, nothing get's out, and that's the way I like it :D

The real muscle in firewall is software such as:Kerio Personal FirewallOutpost FirewallTiny Personal FirewallKerio once ruled supreme, but now most companies caught up if not produced better software.I use Tiny, it is not very new but very good. The old versions of Kerio were also good, the new versions I didn't like that much.I would recommend against Zone Alarm, it is not as good for more in depth protection and sometimes messes up some applications.

I use the same firewall as all linux users. I think that the only way for a firewall to be efficient is to be included in the system. Iptables, the linux firewall works great, is fast and included directly in the kernel

I run straight Mcafee products. They are all the best in their fields. They have no rivals in the anti-virus and Firewall business. They are continuely reviewed as the best of the best by most big name reviewers. I would suggest to anyone that needs to be sercure use Mcafee. I am a satisfied customer.