xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
galexcd

Addition To The Hide Tag

We all love the hide tag

Hidden
ooooooo boy you cant see me untill you CLICK ON ME!! YAY! ooooo fancy!

but I think it would be even cooler if you could set some text to describe what is going to be inside the hidebox that goes away when clicking on the show/hide link. Something like this:

Posted Image

That would be the "hidden" state, and when clicking on the show/hide it would hide the preview and show the regular content. You could still have the original functionality by keeping the same syntax, but if you want to add the preview you could have it be something like

[hide=preview text]hidden content[/hide]

Just a suggestion, I know I would use it in my sig, and I think others would probably use it too. What do the members think?

Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

Sounds like a great idea. I like it.Any additions/fixes to the bbcode tags will need to be performed by Buffalohelp or Opaque, though. We'll need to wait for one of them to review and comment and then the coding will have to be performed, so please be patient with this request. I am sure BH will get right on it if and when he decides to make this change available.

I like this idea! And as jlhaslip said, one of the Admins will have to review this suggestion before anything can be done to it.It can be quite useful for people who have 3 or 4 of them in their sigs, it would tell the readers what lies behind the hidden box... :)

Wow nice Idea but could you not just put some text right on top of the hide? That could work. But still nice idea. Better then mine. :)

you could do that i suppose but what would be the fun in that? :)

Besides, I think this would take up less space and in peep's sigs who already have a quite large sig want to preserve their precious space as much as possible!

[hr=noshade] [/hr]

Edit:

So I'm guessing since no moderator ever replied this isn't going to happen? :)

Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)