xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DjLuki

How Do You Transfer Ringrones To Cellphone? motorola razr

hi, i got this new phone its a motorola razr. Its the one where you can play mp3 songs on and you can copy music files from your computer. I tried doing that, copying the files from my computer the the phone but its not working. I was using a sim card that is used by another phone, which is also a motorola razt but older version. could that be a problem?also, are there like any programs you can use to send midi files to your phone so you can use them as ringtones?

I think you don't transfer ringtones from computer to phone I think that you put in a phone number and they send it to you or something like that I have seen commerials for it, Hope this helps! :lol:

Edited by TypoMage (see edit history)

You can use bluetooth. My iBook G4 has bluetooth enabled so all I do is connect it to the Razr (it will show up in the bluetooth menu) then transfer a file to it, this can be a song or a picture.I can't do step by step instructions for ya because I don't have a Razr and the last time I did this was about 6 months ago for one of my friends. But it works, I swear!

Don't know if you've solved this problem, but my husband has a RAZR with Verizon. According to the Verizon website's FAQ, you can download MP3's to your phone using a mini-SD card or bluetooth, but you will not be able to convert them into ringtones. He was really bummed because it's a company phone and they don't allow him to purchase anything for it like ringtones and games. Go figure :) Hope this helps.

edit: bolded

Edited by TikiPrincess (see edit history)

If you want ringtones (smaller-sized files than the full MP3 songs), go ahead and use an audio editing program to get the part of the song that you want. Then go to mobilatory.com and use that site to send the file from your computer to your cell phone. Free, fast and easy to do.You can't get full songs that way, though, because the site limits the file size.

Well if you don't want to go through the trouble of transferring songs to your phone, you can use http://www.wirelesszone.com/.I& used it before and all you do is choose the ringtone you want and click send. It sends it to your phone in a text message. I'm pretty sure it's free with the exception of the text message you use up with it.

Wow can't believe this easy question. Well just get a USB connector or the way I do it is though blue tooth that goes into my PC usb and then I hook it up with my mobile phone which is a motorola so I'm sure if you have a moto you can do the same.

I have a Sony Ericsson Z610i and along the pack came Headset and USB Cable to transfer stuff.It works fine, shouldn't there be such a solution to the Motorola V3 aswell?

motorola razr have blueetooth technology you can easily connect it with your pc with Bluetooth device and then you can transfer it on your motorola razr .. like you say that there is some problem in sending midi files it seems that you motorola razr memory got full and you cannot be able to send ringtones on ya mobiles... :) Hope u understand..

My phone lets me use mp3s as ringtones. I edit the songs in Audacity and cut them down to about 20 seconds. I then use bluetooth to transfer it to my phone. I then set it as my ringtone and thats it. I never plan on buying a ringtone anytime soon. :)