xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arza1

Coin Rings this confuses me

It isn't that i think that asking questions is stupid it is just that your question was a stupid question. i am all up for questions. but if you do not have the brains to answer an obvious question of yours with awnser being in the rest of the forum i am going call you your question stupid. and to answer your question that i have answered already, the main point of making rings like any other type of jewelry is for craft or hobbie. to pass the time with something, as cerb said, one of the coolest ways to pass the time. maybe if i were into anime or whatever the cartoon crap is on you avatar, i wouldn't have to be involved in iteresting hobbies like coin rings. :)
i would apreciate if we get back to the topic on hand. which was. how does one make a coin ring with only a spoon or other small tools that would be carried on the common ww2 GI, or even ww1 GI. this of course rules out any power tools such as drill and other related tools.

Every story I've heard is about sailors making the rings. Every ship would have had a major machine shop. I'm sure they drilled the out there.

As for GIs, any motorpool would have had the equipment they needed.

Hey, quarters 1964 or older (I think that's the right date...) were made of silver, so they were made of a different metal than modern ones. I'm just letting you know. Possibly, this makes it harder, but possibly, it makes it easier. O_o I don't know. Isn't silver a really malleable metal?