xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Username176

How To Use Fast User Switching In Windows Xp I Cant Log In Normally

When I try to switch it to normally logging in on the Control Panal a popup says Client Services from NetWare has disabled fast and normal user switching you must uninstall to enable these options. How do I fix this. I cant seem to find the file to delete it

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title must be very specific. Modified and moved to OS section.

I think we need more information.Who are you?Do you have hosting with this site?What is the exact error?Is this error with logging onto the forums or hosting?Once you answer those I might be able to help.But a big change is that you won't even come back to look at this post.

What version of windows are you using?When does the error come up? When you click to enter your pass? Or does it come up right away?Have you tried going into safe mode?AndHow are you logged on now?Sorry for all the questions, but having had to trouble shoot many times before. You must be very specific with your errors so they can be solved appropiately.

When you want to use the fast switching user from Windos XP, please refer to this article

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows

A copy of steps were made available here:

Enable or Disable Fast User SwitchingNote: To enable Fast User Switching, you must also enable the Use the Welcome screen option. This feature cannot be used if your computer is a member of a domain. To enable Fast User Switching: 1. Log on to the computer as an administrator.
2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.
3. Click Change the way users log on or off.
4. If it is not already selected, click to select the Use the Welcome screen check box.

NOTE: The Use Fast User Switching check box is unavailable until you click to select the Use the Welcome screen check box.
5. Click to select the Use Fast User Switching check box, and then click Apply Options. Quit the User Accounts tool.

Humm... perplexing... My next question is do you see NetWare installed under network connection? To check open Local area Connection PropertiesStart > Control Panel > Network Connections > right click on your connection > PropertiesUnder the General Tab, if you see NetWare installed and the box checked, simply click and select the service and click Uninstall.Let us know how it goes.