xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DeM0nFiRe

Does Anyone Here Take Cholestorol Medication? I just found out I have to start, I wanna know something.

Well, like I said, my doctor says my cholesterol has nothing to do with my diet. It's all hereditary. I just recently got the exact numbers, and my Cholestorol is about 100 points above what it should be, and all of it i the harmful kind (HDL?)Anyway, I definitely have to go on this stuff, but the only question is on when I'll start taking it. Mist likely I'll start taking it in a month or so.

No DeM0nFiRe, HDL "High Density Lipoprotein" is not the harmful type, it's acutally the good one, the harmful one is LDL "Low Density Lipoprotein", mean when the ratio of HDL/LDL becomes bigger that's better.You don't have to eat garlic as it is, you could have garlic tablets or capsules "depends on dosage form", it's you physician call anyway.Talking about the Statins "ex: Fluvastatin" it's a cholesterol medications "Only your physician tells if you take it or not", however they are widely used by cholesterol patients, but if you have to take such medications I suggest the following:1- You can't cut this medication back immediately, if you had it for a while and your physician wanted you to stop it, you have to decrease the dose gradualy "every other day instead of every day, then every two days, then every 3 days and so on untill you cut it", also it's your physician call.2- You have to take some liver protecting medications at the same time when are taking Statins, that's cruicial I guess "all the way it's your physician call".Good luck.

i need an answer ASAP!!

Does Anyone Here Take Cholestorol Medication?

Well I'm seventeen right now and I found out that I have elevated cholestorol wat does that mean and I'm kinda weirded out because I'm 5'6 and weigh 110 I'm actually thin for my height and yet they tell me I have high cholestorol can someone explain is that possibly normal???

-question by Kriss Carcamo

cholestrol remedyDoes Anyone Here Take Cholestorol Medication?

I am having cholestrol problem for last 11 months.My age is 28. In dec08 I went for the cholestrol test , in which I found , the ldl were 355.It was a shock for me ,but at that time I don`t wan`t to go for medicine. I started balancing my diet., but that was for just 2-3 weeks. Iagain test my cholestrol in march, at that time it was 440& my weight was 97kg. then I took it seriously & visited my doctor. He prescribe me two medicines.One in morning , other at night.I started taking medicine regularly. But I want to stop it & for that I have tobalance my cholestrol ratio.I started eating green vegetables diet, I pledge to myself of daily walking for atleast 3 km.I balance my alchol to go maxim 60ml a week.I stop all the fried food & junk food. In the morning I use to have 30ml alover juice with 60 ml water emplty stomach, after that I drink warm water atleast 1 ltr..

after this I checked my cholestrol level in june the ldl came down to 156,  this was the fruit of my & doc efforts,my weight came to 85kg. Now  iam mainting my weight which helps me in controling my cholestrol. And now my doc has stop my morning tab also.

-reply by money