xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
reconraiders

Inconsistent Results Different results on different computers

Anybody know why google was ranking my website differently from two different computers? I was at school one day and made a search and my website came up as the first result. I was chatting with my friend at the same time and he searched the same query and it came up like the 10th result or something. We both made a few more searches in the next few minutes only to have the same results (respectively). Anybody know why that happened?

Maybe you had accidentally checked search uk only (or another region) by accident...As unlikely as you may think checking that little button is, it happened to me the other day without even noticing or going anywhere near that button!I was rejoycing cos our page had, within hours, moved from top of 3rd page to second hit!!So I sent my friend an email saying the good news, searched again and we were back down :D - then i realised what had happened!!!Don't fret it man, just take it in your stride and be patient.. if everything's right, you'll be up there no time :lol:

well, I'm quite sure I didn't make that mistake. My friend may have done something to alter the results though. But every time I search for it it is #1. Everybody else I know who searches for it - it is #1. It was just that one time on, idk why... but it wasn't coming up as #1. The mysterious Google I guess.

I'd be happy to search for it...!if so what is the site, unless you'd rather not post it (I don't mind :lol: )

I wouldn't worry about it:I get your site to be first in google's "all web" search :lol:That can't be such a bad thing!

Do you have a GMail account? If so, were you logged in at that time? When logged into GMail, it stores your searches and tries to find the results that would most interest you based on past results.