xisto Community
k_lo_91

What Do You Want To Be?

Well, i'm in high school, and the only career i have every really considered is to be an engineer. I am interested in the field of science and computers, so i think a chemical or computer engineer would be just the perfect fit for me. A genetic engineer doesnt sound that bad either. i also heard that these jobs pay handsomely, even to interns!What do you want to be?/What did you want to be?

Well, I am communications studies student, specializing in Marketing and Marketing communication so I think that my career will evolve around these fields, at least I hope so. Unemployment is getting bigger and bigger problem every year around the whole Europe and social studies are fare more endangered than natural science studies. However, I think that if you are good enough, have enough references and maybe a few connections, it is possible to get a job even in my field of work so I am positive about the future. As for the career part - I am not so sure if I really want to do a big amazing fancy career. The thing with careers is that you have to have great desire to achieve something incredible or at least money has to be very high on your priority list. Well, on mine money is not so high and so are not these material "successes", which don't bring you anything and take all or most of your free time so you forget to live and life just passes you by like it never happened. I do not want to waste this human-oportunity that was given to me and to everyone else I am writing this to. Just think about how happy we can be that we are human if there are so many billions of billions of other creatures on this planet that you could be incarnated into. It is a rare chance, a rare chance to develop ourselves and to realize the truth. So, I want a normal job, enough money to be able to cover everyday expenses and be able to not worry about everything I buy. Other than that, my life-goals are very different. I am aiming towards being good to every being on this planet, to do good and only good, to realize even more the reason and the beauty that is behind all of the processes around us, to enjoy the moment and forget about the past and the future....my mission is to JUST BE and consequently that brings unattachment and happiness. Maybe I am a little odd, considering the situation of today's world, but hey it is everyonce choice what to do with one's life!Best whishes

I am a computer type of guy. If I could, I would love to make a living by just creating sites, but I doubt that'll ever happen lol. I think it would be cool to soon become a computer programmer, if not eventually a game programmer. It would be awesome creating my own games and seeing what I can create (why I like making sites, or anything on the computer in general). Plus, I'd be able to show off my work to millions :lol:

I have always been interested in computers, so I would love a career that had anything to do with computers. I have also always liked looking at the way things work and the science behind it, so chemistry, physics and electronics are all also possibilities. I am hoping to study either chemistry or physics at university and follow that up with an interesting career. Unfortunately, that is all just a dream!

Well, even though I'm in middle school, I plan on majoring in theater. I already have an agent, and I do act on stage and on camera. I also have a little modeling experience. I wsas a child model. I either want to preform on brodway or on set.

when i grow up i wana be a doctor not just a docter more like the doctor. iwant to go all over the world and build hospitals everywhere. i want to go especialy to all those contries in need and give them a cheaper way to get good health, from the rich to the poor. also with every hospital i want to build schoos, and scientific institutes to help find cures for diseases and cheaper medicine with less side effects.i know i know big dream but i can accomplishe them

For me I've always wanted to get a job for the money and interest it gives me, but almost completely for the money. I'm thinking of majoring in child psychology or pre med. I want to become some kind of doctor. It's so that I can help people and at the same time help myself. Throughout my life I've always been facsinated by the mind especially of young children because that's the time when our true inhibitions are seen and not hidden as you see with adults. Morals and other major factors haven't yet been instilled in the mind at the time of youth, so the mystery is heavily there and that's what catches my attention. As for majoring in pre med, I want to pass that to take a course in pediatrics. My parents are going to go through a lot of bills, as will I :lol:. Anyways that's what I want to do. :D

for me i really want to be a musician but it is really hard to get anything started. and everyone around me is telling me i need a back up so..... i take alot of classes that have to do with computer technology. so i can get into web design or computer tech or something that has to do with technology. te ultimate would be being able to mix music. that would be awsome. the goods from both worlds.

Well, I've been interested into computers and web-designing all my life, though I've taken a break for a year to concentrate more on the last year of High School so I graduate with good marks.I used to think that I'll be a software programmer and/or web/graphic designer; but it just doesn't seem right anymore. I mean though I have interest, I have the potential, I won't be able to put up with a "job". Give me a time, give me some motivation, I'll do the job. Give me money and a deadline, I won't do anything.I am planning on taking Automobile Engineering after I've done Science (PCM) in Junior College and appeared for CET. It is based on one of my interests and I would love to go in that field.I will keep up on web/graphic designing even after becoming an Automobile Engineer, though, maybe as freelancing you can say. And at the same time I even want to have a band, but no, not the kinda bands who spend 24 hours on creating music sitting in some studio of some big-time Record Label. I guess if I'll put all of me into music, it'll cut off my life, and without living life one just can't create true and from-the-heart music. Like have a band (bassist, back-up vocalist), play a couple of gigs in and around this area and all-over India if that's possible. And just meet-up on weekends and have jam sessions and writing sessions. :lol: And in India 'cause I seriously think this country needs some, I mean all we have are extremely stupid bubble-gum pop artists who keep on singing on how horny they are, how sad they are or either self-obsession. And the Metal scene here is filled with hypocrites who don't even know what Metal is, all they want to is propagate Satanism to sound good and have a chick on their bed every night. So I want to form a decent band myself, most probably a Punk rock band, but with punches of Metal in it. :D

I definitely want to get into something with comedy and making digital media productions. Television, movies, radio.....anything really. I've been studying it for a while and am also into web design. I've been trying to learn more but have had a hard time finding good, resourceful tutorials. I need to start researching some more books or sometihng like taht. But yea definitely something with media producition.Editing and making movies with Final Cut Pro or similar editing software.....creating music using Soundtrack Pro and Pro tools. Adding special effects and all of that. I really woudl ike to get a job in that field

i graduated recently from my computer science major. i'm not really much into computers and programming languages, i had only developed dedication just in college. when i was i kid i really wanted to be an astronaut, but due to some circumstances, i had changed my mind and i was a bit clueless of what i wanted to be. i took computer science when i entered college because it was an advice from my parents, i wanted to help out in the finances, but computer science wasn't my best choice, but it ended up as my first choice when i took the entrance exam, from which i passed. i had encountered some problems when i was finishing my course, and at some point in time i was considering changing courses, but i believe it was too late to do that, and i didn't want to upset my parents even more so i just went through with it. i took it seriously at times and at times, it's as if my heart wasn't there. and now that i've graduated, i'm having troubles in finding a job because i felt like i'm still "not into it", and the pressure that my parents are giving me right now is getting into me. i wanted to get a high-paying job, but i'm not sure if it's the one that's going to give me that "rush of blood", that excitement.personally i would want to be a chef, and if i get enough money after i get a job, i'll probably enroll into a culinary arts class.

Well i want to be a computer programmer cause i really like programming. But when i was smaller i wanted to play in the NBA i still want to become a nba star but there is always going to be someone better than me out there and also if i do become one and i get injured i would have nothing to fall back on so that is why i want to become a computer programmer so after i major in computer programmer i would take a shot of my dream in playing in the NBA.

I am currently doing my exams of high school, the last year. First i wanted to go study languages: chinese or russian. But since you don't find a job easily as a translator, I decided to study computer and communication science. When I finish that, I'm planning on studying 1 year programming languages. I hope to get a job like webdesigner or programmer.

Edited by Unstoppable (see edit history)