xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jlhaslip

Weird Google Map Result swim across atlantic ocean

Swim across the Atlantic Ocean? That's a great route to take :unsure: . Google knows how to joke around, but most of their tricks are going away. Like the trick where you put in Failure and press I'm feeling Lucky, doesn't work anymore. And I read that some other tricks are slowing fading away. This is still funny, Google you Jokster you!

1. Go to google.com.2. Click on Maps.3. Click on Get Directions.4. From: New York, New York.5. To: Paris, France.6. Then, read line #24.7. Laugh :unsure:

AHAHAHAHA that is awesome, I would think that was intentionally too, it would been even funnier if they mention that you had to take plane for this. Hmm.. I tried a few other places but it hasn't kicked yet, but I keep trying and see what I can come up with little trick.

:unsure: That was hilarious! I'm pretty sure it was intentional as well. Dosent the Get directions thing give you driving directions only? That would kind of explain it. I haven't gotten it to work with any other places yet.

That's hilarious! They could've said "take a plane", but they had to be funny. lol

That is hilarious, been trying a few more and every single one comes up as Swim across.... still. Nice find though, Yea google are well known for their funny creations and pranks etc, most famously their April Fools Day Jokes.

That was funny. Google really has a good sense of humor. They are a jovial company. And their offices allow employees have fun while at work . They are also allowed to do their own work and create things they like. Orkut was born like that. So also several labs applications. It helps a lot being allowed to do your own thing and Google realises that and continues to benefit.

Yeah, I've seen that, thats hilarious...

Google knows how to joke around, but most of their tricks are going away. Like the trick where you put in Failure and press I'm feeling Lucky, doesn't work anymore. And I read that some other tricks are slowing fading away.

Ok get this strait, google didn't do that. Many people googlebombed it so it would become the first result. And if you don't know what googlebombing is, read this. I don't feel like explaining it. When people stopped caring enough too googlebomb it, it slowly went down in the ranks.

AHAHAHAHA that is awesome, I would think that was intentionally too, it would been even funnier if they mention that you had to take plane for this. Hmm.. I tried a few other places but it hasn't kicked yet, but I keep trying and see what I can come up with little trick.

Yeah, same here. Only newyork to france seems to do it.

alright....

i never really spent that much time on google maps before. so i decide to test it out to see how it works.

i typed in.....

new york, ny to paris, france

i randomly scrolled down not looking for anything, but for no reason BAM! something jumped out at me.

on the 21 step for trip to france it says......

swim across atlantic ocean 3462miles

i swear, try it out for your self... weird huh

google maps

Notice from jlhaslip:
Merged topics
Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)