xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shortyjtl00

Trying To Gain Weight

Yes I know this isn't what people normaly want, but I'm haveing trouble with it. I'm about 5'3" and 118lbs. I have reall trouble putting on weight. I workout regularly and take CytoGainer but I still have trouble putting on weight. When I say weight I meen muscle. I'm not trying to get fat or anything. Any suggestions?

i use to have that prob, turns out i was lazy. all it took was me using more and burning off more energy. but i also have a high 'metablism', i think that is how it is spelled. anyway i think if you were to keep working out and take all natural substances you should gain 'weight' in no time.

You can go to a local health food store to help you find out about pills or powders that may help you gain muscle. Anything natural I've ever tried worked, so I recommend for them to help you.

I know what you mean, I'm really short for my age, and really skinny. I talked to my coach about this last year, since I was going from 2nd string american football quarterback, to first, i needed to be stronger, i did the following things during the summer, to help me out, should help for you too:

(you must repeat everything 3 times)

15 Reps of pushups

Run 1 mile(or jog for 10-15 minutes)

30 sit-ups

Bench 20 reps starting at 30 pounds, go up every week by 5 pounds

As for the pushup's reps, go up by 1 rep every week.

Usually this adds a lot of muscle to your body, and if you keep doing this during the summer, you should see some notice to a lot of changes, also make sure you cut off most chocolate, mcdonalds, and fast food, as this slows down the process of growing muscles, and expecially mcdonalds makes you grow more (because of all the hormone and preservatives in it) so ya. Just do that, and you should be in shape

as for the winter, just do some in-door running, couple of pushups, not necisarily outside as much as this contracts your muscles and usually you get cramps or something serious.

OH YA one more thing, i advice you to only bench every other day, as doing this too much weakens your body. I'm sure you already know that but, benching and gaining muscle is a serious thing. One bad move can ruin your whole life. Also make sure your pushups are perfect, the better they are, the more muscle you gain.

as for pills, i advise NOT to take them, only reason is because sometimes they carry too much risks, and its not natural, so your body won't like them.

Edited by nol (see edit history)

I agree with everything said here. You just have to keep working hard. I wouldn't suggest over-using pills or other over-the-counter substances to increase your weight, as that's usually going to be a temporary fix. You'd be better off, and much more healthy, if you set up a daily/weekly exercise routine and stuck with it. Just keep trying, once you do it enough it will seem less like a chore and more like a habit that you'll WANT to do.Good luck! Keep us updated :lol:

How much should you way if you are 5'3"? Because i wanna know.. Lol..I am actually not sure how tall i am, but last time i measure i was 5.2 or something, so i was just guessint 5 3..

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

Ok, i guess I'm good :lol:Because i mean, i thought i was over weight, i guess all the people in my grade are just light? or they are lieing about their weight.. it really disturbs me to think that i would be over weight... but i guess i am not, and everybody i know is under weight.

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

another good thing to do is eat alot of organic foods... i am sure you have heard this before but here is a tip. eat aroud the edge of the store. most usually a stores outside walls have mostly what you need to eat so do not venture off into the ilse. this doesn't mean become a vegen it just means no junk or preserved foods. another thing is....body builders to gain muscle is to do a chicken brocoli and water diet. alot of protien and fibers. :lol:

Protein is suppose to build up your muscles. Try foods rich in protein like red meat, beans and milk products along with your daily workout exercises. It might work. :lol:

For years ive weighed about the same (8.5 stone (im 5ft7' btw)). Ive tried alot of ways to put on weight, but i dont really wanna try any drugs or anything like that.Whats the best way to put on weight? I am a regular eater, and always eating plenty more than anyone else i know...

For years ive weighed about the same (8.5 stone (im 5ft7' btw)). Ive tried alot of ways to put on weight, but i dont really wanna try any drugs or anything like that.
Whats the best way to put on weight?

I am a regular eater, and always eating plenty more than anyone else i know...

there acually aren't any really significant ways. you can try working out and eating right. that seems to be the only way any of us can think of.