xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arza1

Favorite Band(music Genre) List

favorite band would be dishwalla. totally love their songs and their albums. next would be rooster. too bad they've already disbanded. i was expecting their next album to come out but they've already broken up.

My favorite genre is Punk, be it Anarcho Punk, Hardcore or Pop-punk (limited). I like some Metal too.My favorite bands have been changing time and again. Right now I mostly listen to Rise Against, System of a Down, Anti-flag, Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance. Though I started out with Green Day, they being my first band have been one of my favorite.

don't like too much punk rock. is fallout boy included in the genre of punk rock? the only song i loved from my chemical romance is the song "i don't love you". reminds me of the 80's. lol.

Short list because there are TOO MANYNirvanaWeezerSoundgardenRamonesSonic YouthMudhoneyAlice In ChainsNine Inch NailsIsisPelicanPixiesQueens of the Stone AgePrimal ScreamDeftonesPavementRadioheadIncubusAt The drive-InTool,Dinosaur Jr.Smashing Pumpkins

don't like too much punk rock. is fallout boy included in the genre of punk rock? the only song i loved from my chemical romance is the song "i don't love you". reminds me of the 80's. lol.

Nopes, Fall Out Boy aren't Punk. Neither are My Chemical Romance or Green Day (They somewhat used to be).
There aren't many Punk rock bands left now, all is just sold out crap. I prefer all old stuff more. And Rise Against and Anti-flag I guess are the only current Punk rock bands that are doing good.

But still it's not just the music, but the entire thing behind Punk rock that makes me love it so much. I am very keen on forming a Punk rock band, but I haven't found any good Punk rock musicians here in India. I guess I'll try my luck in college, here people still think Britney Spears and 50 Cent should rule the world. And the ones who do have a good music choice are completely into Metal, black, death, doom and heavy. And some symphonic. I like Metal myself but it's not my favorite genre.

It just kinda kills me how these new breed of so-called "punks" are literally insulting Punk. People nowadays think wearing eye-liners and skating to school in black clothes is Punk. People think whining over some stupid guitar playing is Punk. Vh1 killed Punk.
Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)

My favorite Bands:Dragon Force: Pure, unbridled power mixed with both speed and melody to create an almost orgasmic sound. Songs to check out: The Flame of Youth, Operation Ground and Pound, Valley of the Damned. Sonate Arctica: Recently, I've taken a real liking to these guys. They're really the pinnacle of melodic power metal, with clean vocals and piano melodies, but theres a good number of songs where Tonny Kakko can hold an amazing scream. Songs to check out: Broken, Full moon, The power of One. Bal-Sagoth: Sublime Symphonic blackened death metal. They have a very epic sound, with keyboards that create a grandiose like that of war trumpets. Songs(long titles ahead) "And lo, When the Imperium Marches against Gul-Kothoth, Then Dark Sorceries Shall Enshroud The Citadel Of The Obsedian Crown", "The Dark Liege of Chaos is Unleashed at the Ensourcelled Shrine of A'Zura Kai(The Spleadour of a Thousand Swords Gleaming beneath the Blazon of the Hyperborean Empire part ll)"Slayer: Best Slash band. All I have to say on this subject. Songs: Sound of Heaven, Raining Blood, Seasons in the Abyss.Sex Pistols: The epitome of raw, rebellious punk. This is the stuff posers claim to like, but they can't stand it. Songs: Anarchy in the UK, God save the Queen. Manowar: The finest hairy-chested, primal power metal. An epically technically bass plays over Eric Adams, who can hit the high, operatic notes that would make Freddy Mecury spin in his grave.

Edited by Carson (see edit history)

Nopes, Fall Out Boy aren't Punk. Neither are My Chemical Romance or Green Day (They somewhat used to be).
There aren't many Punk rock bands left now, all is just sold out crap. I prefer all old stuff more. And Rise Against and Anti-flag I guess are the only current Punk rock bands that are doing good.

But still it's not just the music, but the entire thing behind Punk rock that makes me love it so much. I am very keen on forming a Punk rock band, but I haven't found any good Punk rock musicians here in India. I guess I'll try my luck in college, here people still think Britney Spears and 50 Cent should rule the world. And the ones who do have a good music choice are completely into Metal, black, death, doom and heavy. And some symphonic. I like Metal myself but it's not my favorite genre.

It just kinda kills me how these new breed of so-called "punks" are literally insulting Punk. People nowadays think wearing eye-liners and skating to school in black clothes is Punk. People think whining over some stupid guitar playing is Punk. Vh1 killed Punk.

there is only on genre in rock and that is rock...... it isn't a matter of whether fallout boy are punk or not. it is a matter of if they suck or not.... and they do in fact suck

here is a band that has recently been introduced to me.TOMAHAWKthis band is a native american influenced rock band.i guess that the same guy from mr. bungle(also a good band) went to live in indian reservations for a while and decided that their style of music should be incorperated throughout rock.check them out

i have noticed hear lately ther hasn't been much people one around 7:00-10:00pm. usually in forums and stuff there are alot more people. anyway, this forum, although not that active, contains my favorite topic. i love to talk about music. debating even better.so even if you are not that interested in music or you feel like you will be criticized, because you will, post something about the music you listen too. i don't think that you get credits for these posts so don't worry about that aspect of this forum. maybe that is why people arn't posting :lol:

well basicly i dun have a favourite genre up band,only bands like in holland,but i hate rap music and i hate classic and heavy metal,i like some rock song, and some top 40, songs, aslong as u can here a good voice i' ll probs like it, here are some artist i do realy likebon joviomarionakon(hislast song most of all)forgot the bands name, but jay-z met a song with them( hardcore do u want more ...)usherboys2menbrian mcknight,and loads and loads more

I love the topic of music. My favorite genre is generally rock, which some of my friends think is strange. Anyways I have a whole lot of favorite bands but I basically like My Chemical Romance, Thousand Foot Krutch, and Green Day. I absolutely hate country music. Classical is somewhat tolerable for me. One of my favorite songs from MCR is This is How I Disappear, from TFK is Phenomenon, and from GD is American Idiot. I have much more bands and songs that I like to listen to, but posting all of them would take way too long!

i would have too say my two favorite types of music are classical guitar and modern blues(like the stuff off of the white stripes self title album) i also like hiphop and rap. but it has to be good rap with great music to backup the rap. a lot of instruments have to be incorperated though.the only thing that bugs me to listen to is country. although i do like bluegrass, modern country or pop country is worse than hiphop on your local pop station.i love all types of expierimental and instrumental music like.....tooltomahawkblue man groupdon caberroincubusyesi also like jazz. not the elevator jazz though. my friend is a bassist and he loves jazz. he turned me onto marcus miller. now that is good jazz. he also turned me onto the philidelphea experiment. they are ok but they push the hole elevator thing.but i can also listen to heavy stuff like pantera and tool and any alternative.