xisto Community
velma

I Need Recipes That Are Easy And Very Quick To Make

SCONESnotes: they taste lovely 8 mins after they come out of the ovenIngredients 450g (3 cups) self-raising flour 1 tbs caster sugar 80g butter, cubed, at room temperature 250mls (1 cup) milk, at room temperature Self-raising flour, extraMethodPreheat oven to 220?C. Measure all your ingredients. Combine the self-raising flour and caster sugar in a medium bowl. Use your fingertips to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. To help incorporate some air into the mixture, keep the palms of your hands face-up as you lift the flour to rub in the butter. This will help make the scones lighter in texture. I have found that room-temperature butter gives a better result than chilled butter in scones. It is also easier to incorporate into the flour when at room temperature. Butter helps give the scones a tender texture as well as adding flavour. Add the milk all at once. Use a round- bladed knife to mix together using a cutting motion until evenly incorporated and the mixture begins to hold together. Do not over mix. Again, I have found that room-temperature milk is better to use in scones than milk straight from the fridge. The flour mixture needs less mixing to incorporate the room-temperature milk evenly, resulting in a lighter texture. The dough should be soft but not sticky. If it is a little dry, simply add a little more milk. Then bring dough together with your hands. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently about 4-5 times with your hands, by pressing and then turning, until the dough is just smooth. It is important that you knead gently and don't handle the dough too much. If it is overworked, gluten in the flour will develop which will cause the scones to be tough in texture and heavy. Use a lightly floured rolling pin to roll out the dough until about 2cm thick. (Alternatively, you can flatten the dough with the palm of your hand). Then use a round 5cm pastry cutter to cut out the scones. Dip the cutter into the extra flour before cutting out each scone. Use a straight-down motion to cut out the scones. Do not twist the cutter as this will cause the scones to rise unevenly during cooking. You can re-roll any scraps and cut more scones; however, these will be slightly less tender than the scones cut from the original dough and will rise less evenly. As you cut out the scones, place them on a baking tray about 1cm apart. Placing them this close together will also help them rise evenly. I have found there is no need to grease or flour the tray. Sprinkle the tops of the scones with a little extra flour. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden and cooked through. The best way to tell if the scones are cooked is to tap the top of one with your fingertips - if it sounds hollow when tapped, they are ready. Alternatively, insert a skewer into a scone - if it comes out clean, they are ready. Remove the scones from the oven and immediately wrap them in a clean tea towel. Wrapping the scones will keep them warm and will give them a soft crust. Serve warm with lashings of butter or with jam and whipped or thick cream.This may sound confusing but trust me. 10 mins at max

Edited by moonless (see edit history)

Asparagus Omelet

hey i hope u love to make indian recipes , i found this one , and the taste is jus awesome,

wanna try it.

Asparagus Omelet is rich in protein and carbs. :D

Ingredients:

6 Eggs

10 Ounces asparagus, chopped into pieces

4 Bacon slices, chopped into half inch pieces

1/3 Cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated

4 Green onions, thinly sliced

1/4 tsp Black pepper, ground

1/2 tsp Salt

Cooking Instructions:

Steam the asparagus pieces for five minutes until tender.Drain the pieces.Whisk together the eggs, grated cheese, 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl. In a large non-stick skillet, fry bacon pieces over high flame until golden brown. It takes about 3 minutes.Add chopped onions and fry again until onions turn translucent.Add asparagus and cook until heated through.Reduce the flame to medium and spread the mixture in the skillet.Take the egg mixture and pour it over asparagus.Cook till eggs are softly set. Tilt the skillet to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. Transfer the omelet to a plate and fold it.Asparagus Omelet is ready to serve. :) :XD:

I am seriously going to have to copy some of these recepies and print them out. And try them tomorrow. Its the sound of the ingredients thats getting me all worked up!!! *howls*I will seriously :XD:

Here are some great and tasty, but especially quick, pasta recipes:

Spaghetti Bolognese

Fry some chopped onion and garlic and a red, green or yellow (or a mix), mushrooms if desired in a tiny bit of butter/olive oil until lightly brown, then add about 500 grammes of mince (pork, beef or a mix of both).

Let simmer and stir often until the mince is nice and brown.

Then add a tin of chopped tomato and tomato puree, make sure the mix gets coloured a nice red.

Let that simmer, while it simmers, boil 1 packet of spaghetti in boiling water, when the spaghetti is tender it should all be ready.

Drain the spaghetti and put back in the pan.

Then dish up the spaghetti and pour the sauce over.

Top with grated cheese (mozarella, parmesan or gruyere) and, if desired give the guests some garlic bread with it.

Spaghetti with cheese and ham

You can use spaghetti, pasta twirls, pasta bowls or any pasta you like for this, I like it with spaghetti though.

Boil the pasta in a pan of boiling water until tender, then put in a sieve to drain.

Quickly wipe the pasta pan and put it back on the fire with some butter in it.

melt the butter and add some milk (just a bit at a time) then pour plain flour into the milk, stir carefully against clotting and make sure it does not burn.

keep adding milk and flour until you have enough to mix with your pasta and until it is as thick or runny as you want it.

Then add grated cheese to the mix, if it gets too thick, add some more milk, when your mixture has the desired texture add some chopped ham to it and stir.

Then pour in the pasta you cooked earlier, stir well and let it warm through.

Ready to eat.

Serve right away.

Watch this space, plenty more where that came from.

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

,I'm in a similar situation where more than an hour of cooking exhasts me so here is a recipe. More to follow, I hope.

First E-Z Chili

This recipe I find ideal because it has very little work involved and it is spread throughout the day.

Ingredients

Pinto Beans

optional: Red Beans

optional: Piece of Salt Pork or 1/2 Hamhock

Ground Beef - 1/4 lb. per person being served round off to nearest convenient lb.

Onion - 1/2 to 2 onions depending on taste

Oil or Margerine to saute Onion

Favorite Salsa - about 1 c. per cup of dry beans to be varied by taste.

Chili Powder to taste

Honey or Brown Sugar - about 1/4 c. per cup of dry beans varied by taste.

First, to prepare the beans for cooking; Select your beans, I use Pinto beans but sometimes add Red beans to the mix, and measure out the amount you wish to work with. To feed a family of 7 I use 3 cups(dry beans) and usually have a little left over(makes great chip dip). Sort your beans to remove any little stones or other non-bean objects, rinse and set to soak in water, 4x amount of beans. If you are really planing ahead and doing this step the night before then just leave overnight. If you are doing this in the morning then you need to bring your beans and water to a boil and keep it boiling for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover to let sit for 1 hour.

To cook the beans(begin 3 1/2 hours before time to serve); Drain beans, discarding soak water, rinse in fresh water at least once. Add water to the pot, 3 - 4 cups per cup of beans(when dry). (Optional: Add piece of salt pork or 1/2 hamhock.) Bring to simmer and cover to cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours (I favor 2 1/2 hours for softer beans).

Final Assembly(about 1/2 hour before serving); In skillet brown the Ground Beef and drain, set aside. While Beef is browning chop Onion then saute Onion in skillet in Oil or Margerine till onion is translucent, set aside. Add to cooked Beans; Beef, Onion, Salsa, Chili Powder and Honey or Brown Sugar. Stir to mix ingredients and serve.

Best with cornbread on the side which, cooked from scratch should be begun 45 minutes before serving.

Edited by Vixen_Poetic (see edit history)

Next Fox Special

One of the simplest, entirely from scratch, one dish meals that I know.

Ingredients

Ground Beef - 1/4 lb. per person being served round up to nearest 1/2 lb. or lb.

Optional: replace Ground Beef with Ground Sausage and reduce spices to one favorite spice

Medium sized Potatoes - 1 per person being served

Oil - to cover bottom of pan

Spices - Mix and match to your taste from;

Basil

Oregano

Majorum

Rosmary

Thyme

any favorite spice

Eggs - 1 per person being served.

Shredded Cheese

Begin 45 minutes. before serving time. For speedier preparation use two skillets, one a large family sized skillet for the potatoes.

Break up and brown Ground Beef in a skillet. While browning Beef scrub Potatoes (only peel if being prepared for a finicky eater) and dice into 1/4 to 1/2 inch cubes. Pour oil into skillet and swirl to cover bottom of pan, add chosen spices and potatoes and cover. Cook on medium high frequently scraping the bottom of the pan until potatoes are cooked, ideally the outside of the potatoes are a golden color. When both meat and potatoes are cooked combine in large skillet and add eggs. Work eggs into beef and potatoe mixture, even distribution is not required, and cover to steam contents of pan. Let cook for about a minute then turn mixture scraping the bottom of the pan, repeat untill eggs are soft cooked. Turn mixture once again and sprinkle a layer of cheese over top, remove from heat and cover to let cheese melt.

Oooh crockpots are a must for a nearly hands free ( and yummy ) experience. Here is one of the QUICKEST recipes I use.Crockpot Swiss chicken casserole4-6 boneless chicken breasts ( or what ever will fit in the size crockpot you have without overlapping)1 can of cream of mushroom soup1/2 can of milk ( by can I refer to that mushroom soup can which will be empty when you empty it into a bowl...)Swiss cheese slices ( a slice for ever chicken breast you are cooking)1 cup (or so) of DRY stuffing mix ( pick your brand and flavor- Grease crockpot with some cooking spray- Put your chicken breasts in botto of crock ( no overlapping )- Cover chicken breasts with * Swiss cheese slices- Sprinkle stuffing on top of cheese slices ( use as much as it takes to make an even but thin layer)In a bowl dump contents of mushroom soup. Add half a soup can worth of milk to your mushroom bowl. Stir until it is all smooth.- Take mushroom soup/milk mixture and pour evenly over the stuffing layer.- Cook on low for 8 -10 hours.* feel free to subsitute the swiss for a cheese you likeTa da!!! Quick and easy!A lot of crockpot recipes require some prep time in advance so if you plan on getting serious with crockpots I find investing in a food processor ( or chopper) a real time saver. I also prep all my ingredients the night before so I can just dump everything in the pot the next morning. I LOVE my crockpot!If you don't have a crockpot you can always make variants on quick meals. Take this example of Macaroni and Cheese:Mac n Cheese in a box ( like say Kraft for example).Prep it like you would via the instructions on the box BUT use ranch instead of milk for a zangy taste. Add some extra shredded cheese ( like medium cheddar or montery jack) , some green onions and some tuna fish and WHA -LA!!!ORPrep it like you would via the instructions on the box BUT add some extra shredded cheese of the pepperjack variety, some green, yellow or red peppers and some sausage links ( you can get those pre-cooked and just warm them up in the nuker before adding) and WHA -LA!!!Quick, simple AND tasty! My family loves those mac n cheese meals!

Quick Chicken Cacciatore

2 tablepoons olive oil

8 (1.3kg) chicken thigh cutlets

2 cloves garlic, crushed

4 medium tomatoes, peeled

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

1/4 cup (30g) seeded black olives, sliced thinly (Leave them out if you don't like them)

2 tablespoons freshly shredded basil leaves

HEAT oil in a large frying pan

COOK chicken inbatches until browned on both sides and cooked through

DRAIN on absorbent paper

COVER

ADD garlic to same pan

COOK, stirring until soft

ADD tomato, sugar, balsamic and olives

SIMMER, uncovered for about 5 minutes or until tomato sauce thickens

SERVE chicken topped with tomato sauce

SPRINKLE with basil

Edited by Bad_MaNner$ (see edit history)

:( Has anybody thought of this yet? *snicker*Get 2 pieces of bread and spread peanut butter and jelly, then put the pieces of bread together, then munch! :D I'm crazy today.

Some easy recipes to enjoy that I have created and others have enjoyed! Ham, Cheese and Tomato Cracker SnacksIngredients (makes around 10 crackers):? around 100-200 grams of cheese? two or three tomatoes, finely diced? around 100 grams of ham or more, finely diced? a sauce (tomato, barbeque, etc?)Method:1. First of all, put the crackers onto position of serving.2. Drizzle your desired sauce on top.3. Sprinkle around a quarter of the cheese on top, be sure to coat the crackers well.4. Sprinkle the other ingredients on, with the remaining cheese last.5. Drizzle a bit more of the sauce on top.6. Microwave on high for around 3 minutes or when cheese starts to melt.Egg in a BasketIngredients (four slices):- four slices of thick bread, with a circle cut out of the centre, around 5-7cm in diameter.- Four eggs- Salt for flavouring and tasteMethod:1. Heat up the some oil in the pan and lower two of the slices in.2. Crack the eggs and put one in each centre of the hole.3. When cooked, flip over, and repeat with other two slices.Cheesy EggIngredients (makes 4):- four eggs, well beaten- around 200g of cheeseMethod:1. When the pan is heated, put a sprinkle of cheese onto the pan, and quickly cover with the egg2. Next, wait till cooked and flip.3. Repeat with other eggs. (note, you must work fast with this, or the cheese will burn)French ToastIngredients: (makes 16 quarters)- around 3 eggs, beaten, with a little salt to taste- four pieces of bread, cut into quartersMethod: 1. Soak the pieces of bread into the egg mix for around 3 minutes, making sure that they are well coated.2. If you are deep frying, drop the pieces into the pot and fry until golden brown.3. If frying, lather the pan in oil, and place the pieces one by one into the pan, until each side is well cooked.4. Drain on a paper towel, and serve immediately. Garnish with cheese if desired. Rolled Savoury PancakesIngredients (makes around 4 fifteen centimetre diameter pancakes:- around ? - ? cup of flour- around ? cup of milk- 100g of cheese- 200g of ham, finely diced- ? cup of peas- 4 eggs- salt to tasteMethod: 1. Mix the flour, cheese and milk until a very smooth consistency is achieved. Add salt if desired.2. Add the rest of the ingredients in and mix gently. Leave out the cheese.3. Heat up the pan, and make two 15cm diameter blobs of mix.4. Wait for a while, until the sides have set.5. Slowly and gently, roll the pancake from one side to the other. If the pancake cracks, leave it for a bit and start rolling again.6. When cooked and rolled, serve it on plates, sprinkle some cheese and serve immediately.

Crocque monsieur

Here is one that is quick and simple, not many ingredients needed, and lots of variety possible.

Mind you: you do need a sandwich toaster for this.

First of all, the traditional crocque monsieur:

Ingredients:

Sliced bread

Cheese, sliced or grated

Ham

Method:

Butter the bread (2 slices)

Put a slice of ham and a slice of cheese (or grated cheese) between the pieces of bread.

Toast until ready.

Alternatives:

If you want a veggie crocque (a toasted cheese sandwich), leave the ham out.

Instead of ham, you can also use sliced hot dog sausages.

To turn the crocque monsieur into a crocque Hawai, do the ham and cheese variation,but add a slice of pineapple to the cheese and ham.

To make a crocque madame, do the ham and cheese variation, but, when toasted, put a fried egg on top of the sandwich.

You can also make a crocque bolognaise, once again, the principle is the same, but instead of ham, put bolognaise sauce (either my veggie version, see other cooking topic, or an ordinary bolognaise sauce) with grated cheese in the sandwich and toast.

By the way (off topic, I know, but relevant), it is a terrible job again trying to post, with sentences breaking off in the wrong places when pressing <ENTER> and sentences being dragged down a line, there really must be a bug in the forum script.

A quick and easy curryIngredients800gr Chicken or Beef or Pork or Prawns2 to 3 Cloves of Garlic1 to 2 onions 2 to 3 tbl spoons of curry powder depending how spicey you want the curry if you want a really spicey touch you can add a Tbl spoon of cumin too50gr Butter2 Heaped Tbl spoons Flour500ml to 1000ml MilkA splash of OilMethod :1. Chop and peel the Garlic and Onions2. Warm the oil and saute the Garlic and Onions3. Fry the Chicken or Beef or Pork or Prawns with the Onions and Garlic until brown4. Put meat mixture to one side5. Here we are going to make a Roux Sauce with a difference6. Melt the butter7. Add the curry powder and stir for 1 min and 30 secs8. Add the flour to the curry mixture and stir for a good 5 mins9. Add the milk gradually till you have the thickness of curry sauce you desire10. Add the curry sauce to the meat pan and stir well and simmer for 10 mins stirring occasionally not to let it burn11. Serve with Basmati rice and naan breadBon Appetite

A Cheesy Chicken PastaI came up with this dish for the first time the other day I fancied a pasta dish but with a difference and it really worked well Ingredients500gr Dried pasta500gr Diced Chicken250gr Chopped Mushrooms1 Onion Diced200gr Grated Cheese50gr Butter2 Tbl spoons Flour500ml MilkA knob of butterBroccoli fresh or frozenMethod :1. Put the pasta on to cook 2. Melt the knob of butter and saute the onoin 3. Fry the chicken with the onion till chicken is a light brown colour4. Add the mushrooms stirring all the time time till mushrooms are cooked and put to one side5. put the Broccoli on to cook and drain and rinse the pasta6. Melt the butter and add the flour and stir for 5 mins7. Add the milk gradually to you have the thickness you desire8. Stir in the grated cheese to the white sauce9. Bring the saucepan you put a side back on the gas and add the cheese sauce and simmer for 5 mins stirring all the time10. Add the Chicken Cheese sauce to the cooked pasta and simmer for 10 mins stirring all the time to stop it burning11. Serve the pasta with the cooked Broccoli Bon Appetite