xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nol

Installing The Simple User System.

Ok well I have tried installing the simple user system. Now when I try to register I get the following errrorUnknown column 'id' in 'field list'How can I fix this? I really must know!

Have you created the d/b yet? Which log-in system were you trying to use? Link to the Tutorial, please.Go to your cpanel > mysql > phpadmin (near the bottom of the page) > select the d/b from the left menu, view the structure of the database to make sure the table exists. And can you paste the actual error here for us to see, please?

alright well heres the actual error..I get it when trying to register, it takes off all the username and password crap (like it clears the fields) then gives me the error.

Posted Image

and heres the view of the database crud, i think i entered it correctly :\

Posted Image

Okay, and which Tutorial were you following?I don't see any "id" in the database, so post the link to the tutorial, please.

I think you might need to add the 'id' field.

/the Tutorial has the SQL info you need.

CREATE TABLE `users` (`id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,  <<<<+++ check this line`username` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL ,`password` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL ,PRIMARY KEY ( `id` )) TYPE = MYISAM;

phpadmin can be used to add the field.

Alright well now, when i try logging in it says "You couldn't be logged in!" even though I KNOW that the password is right and everything...and i already registered..