xisto Community
renegade-designs

Renegade Designs-check Out My Website :) trap host my beautiful website :)

Pros:

Colours...

Nicely matched, you keep them the same on the whole site, and that's great.

Logo...

Looks like a proffesional logo. And you use it well - one knows that one is still on the same site.

Cons:

The start page...

How should anyone know which button to hit? Or even more - how should one know that one should hit a button?? Show in someway, that the buttons at the bottom are hyperlinks.

The content...

The scrolling arrows are glued together (odd!!), and are to small - one has to be very precise to get on them... And again - as far as they are together i didn't know that there was a scroll there... (by the way - i'm using Firefox 1.0).

Spacing...

Try to make some more space for the content section, because all the time someone must scroll it (and even more - as i said it is hard on your site).

Affiliates section...

One thing - reduce the height of the 'navigation' section (cause it's too big, and there is free space left), make the 'affiliates' section heigher, and loose the automatic scrolling of it...

Conclution

Quite good. I like it... But make the content section bigger, and better scrolled.

Cons:

The start page...

How should anyone know which button to hit? Or even more - how should one know that one should hit a button?? Show in someway, that the buttons at the bottom are hyperlinks.

I didn't have any problems with that. I thought it was obvious.

The scrolling arrows are glued together (odd!!), and are to small - one has to be very precise to get on them... And again - as far as they are together i didn't know that there was a scroll there... (by the way - i'm using Firefox 1.0).

Totally agree with the scrolling. I am assuming ur using javascript for the up and down arrow to position and scroll. I think it is annoying how it jumps around like that when it scrolls. If I were you, you can use the same javascript for scrolling but use a div containing the arrows that is positioned in the same place. That way the arrows wont jump around when the content is scrolling.

Im thinking i should redo thw whole template and make a new high tech kind of theme using flash fro scrolling and links and a intro,problem is i i dont kno how to use flash lol,i have flash mx 2004 but its really hard i dunno how to work it ,Im using these scrolling scripts and flash ideas because i have see how everything works in different in different browsers,the customized scrollbar colors dont work in firefox or opera,and the javascript scollbarsa are too hyper they move around too much