xisto Community
Acidify

Saddam Was Innocent

Saddam Poll  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sadam? Innocent? Excuse me??? How can you call this terrible man, this racist dictator, this power-hungry terrorist, this horrible man who gassed thousands of his own people, this awful creature who killed thousands of others, innocent? What kind of person are you to say that? What kind of person are you to practically support this person? What are you? How can you say this????

Let me get something straight. Sadam was right up there with Adolf Hitler, with Joseph Stalin, with Osama Bin Laden. He was a bad man. He could have been one of the most terrible, mortifyingly-disgusting men in the history of America - the history of the world. And you claim that he is innocent!

I am furious that you would say this. That you would say this disgusting man has done nothing!!! That you would say that. I.... can't even describe my feelings. I'm disgusted. Absolutely disgusted.

Innocent of what? He killed and tortured thousands of his own people! Like the Kurds with nerve gas. He has killed hundreds of people for his own gain. Not to mention his sadistic sons that killed and raped many too for their own pleasure. He oppressed many Shi'a(sp?) muslims i believe since he was sunni and saw them as a threat. If you were them and oppressed by him for so long, you'd be cheering for his death too probablyIraq probably would've been more peaceful with less crimes committed by common criminals like rapers etc with his tight fist of control on his country, but people would still be dying by him. I don't think he had an WMDs anyway, possibly some nerve gas still, but nothing other than thatAnyway, I find it completely absurd that your saying he's innocent

Edited by mojoman (see edit history)

How dare you have the audacity to say that Saddam Hussein was an innocent man.There was overwhelming evidence against Saddam. He killed millions of Kurds using Bis(2-chloroethyl) sulfide (mustard gas).in case you didn't know, mustard gas was deemed unsuitable as a chemical weapon by the Geneva Protocol of 1925 (you may know it as the Geneva Convention)also, Saddam did in fact have weapons of mass destruction. For all of you out there who don't think for yourselves, but instead listen to and believe everything the talking heads tell you on the television, mustard gas is a weapon of mass destruction.Do you want to know why France decided not to join America in the war on terror? because records have shown that France sold parts for intercontinental ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons.

In my opinion Saddam was innocent. Our government used propaganda and influenced our nation that Saddam was a threat to us and some people still believed he was such a evil person. There were no WMD found. Even our President said live at the White House that it was a shock to him that Saddam had NO WMD. No evidence was found that proved he was funding any terrorist organization. The U.N said that the evidence that President Bush presented was crap after crap. President Bush was caught many times in lies when presenting different evidence. Saddam never kicked the U.N out of his country. Saddam invited them in to search every crate, box, and hole. The U.N found not a tinsy winsy bit of WMD.

Next thing you know, we all of a suddenly care about the people of Iraq and want to give them democracy. OMG, Saddam wasnt even amongst the most cruel dictators. Go to Africa and give some of those small unresourceful countries democracy! But our government said No, We need oil.....not gold! So we say Saddam is killing all those people over there and making children run through mine fields. So we take our jets and bomb more women and children then Saddam massacred during his whole regime. Then we overthrow Saddam and setup little prisons where our so called brave troops rape and kill Iraqis. Some gentlemen huh? Wow! I said something bad about the troops. Go ahead and get mad and flame me. Then think about what have you done for the troops? Half of the people in this community have not even took the time to send a letter! One of the most cheapest things you can do! But you sit behind your military and complain about gas prices. Wow, youre such a great American who are dedicated to the troops...NOT!

So now Saddam is captured and then murdered. So now a bunch of christians that lived in Iraq decide to come forward and tell their story on how Saddam protected them against Shittes. Wow, such a convinent time to place that on the new Fox and CNN! Now we are over there and see the position that Saddam was in. The Shittes are over there murdering Sunnis and trying to kill *BLEEP* Cheney at the secured Army Base in Iraq. We do the Shittes a favor and now they stab us the in back. Then we have the idiotic *BLEEP* Cheney on fleets threatening Iran. Mr.Cheney you must want our whole military destoryed! You better believe that the British wont get involved, but we will break out necks for them....and they still hate us. Now our citizens are scared and want to pull out. So who do we wanna point the finger on? We will blame Bush, wont we? I dont only blame Bush...I blame every Senator that voted for this war and Hiliary dont deserve to be elected President. She is just a old hag and Bills rag doll. No I am not sexist. I would love for a woman to be President, but not someone who acts like a robot and avoid questions. She has no sense of humor and she puts me to sleep when she talks about issues. Lie after Lies after Lie. RIP Saddam and enjoy the fall of the American Empire.

Well I strongly believe that Saddam was NOT innocent! He didn't have WMD cuz he already used them against Iran and his people! He wasn't a threat to the US national security but after all USA is not the only center of attention in the world. He was a criminal! he used to kill people as if he's killing worthless ants! He was also racist against Shiites in Iraq, he oppressed and suppressed them. They were living in a bloody hell when he was alive!

Now Bush claimed that Saddam had WMD because Bush wanted an excuse to launch this war against Iraq just to steal the Iraqi oil and to come closer to Iran and protect Israel then take control over the middle east. That's all about it from the way I see it...

Being a military brat, and having a parent who faought in Iraq, you get the real side of the story. And the truth is that Sadam was guilty. He led many radica Islamists, to kill inoccent people. I think he had WMD's. I'm probably the only one here who thinks Bush isn't an idiot. But, Sadam is the most hanus person to ever walk the earth.Now do I have a problim with Islamists? Nope, I don't have a problem with anyone unless they commited a horrible crime.

i'm a tad confused about this poll.first off it was proven he didn't have WMD's.second off, innocent of what??he was guilty of killing millions of people.he was innocent of the whole WMD's.and honestly i'm not sure if Iraq would be better with him.i do think he was a horrible person but the fact of the matter is who gave us the right to go into other countries and take them over.aren't we techincally taking some sort of freedom away from them by doing that??i mean when we were in civil war did the English come over here and take over the country and let a certian power take over???what about the French did they?? no they didn't cause they had no right to, we won our independence and Iraq was never under our control in the first placeso why exactly did we go over there to "FREE" them.So Bush could finish his daddy's job.

Was Saddam innocent of the WOMD accusation? It appears so. Was he innocent? As others have mentioned, he was guilty of genocide, torture, and multiple other crimes. Was Bush innocent? No. He lied to the country about the WOMD resulting in the deaths of many people for a war we had no right starting. He could've at least told us "we think Saddam is a bad, bad man that treats his people horribly so we're going to ignore international policy and attack his country at the potential cost of destroying its economy so we can remove him from leadership." In conclusion: Was Saddam innocent? No. Was Bush innocent? No. Were the American people innocent? No, they are guilty of negligence in not keeping their leaders accountable or caring enough about their nation to stand up when its leaders are betraying the people they are supposed to represent.

Edited by Joshua (see edit history)

Acidify, I note that you brag about how smart you are that you were not led by the nose by the "chimp" in the whitehouse who somehow "fooled" millions of people.Yet, as to the facts I note you do not cite any facts whatsoever as to how many were massacred by Saddam. Likewise you also say that Americans are kiling more then Saddam ever did, again with no evidence.some facts for your enlightenment;Iraq / Iran War:The bloody eight-year war ended in a stalemate. There were hundreds of thousands of casualties, perhaps upwards of 1.7 million died on both sides. Both economies, previously healthy and expanding, were left in ruins.Casualties Iran- Est. 500,000+ soldiers/militia killed or wounded Iraq- Est. 375,000+ soldiers/militia killed or wounded Iranian and Iraq Civilians killed/wounded = 100 to 200 hundred thousand as best could be estimated.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ the 1986 Anfal campaign, the Iraqi government destroyed about 4,000 villages in Iraqi Kurdistan The Iraqi government executed approximately 182,000 men, women, and children.1,754 schools destroyed to,450 mosques destroyed 27 churches destroyed 270 hospitals destroyed 75% of villages in the region were wiped out.Sources:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; The 1988 Anfal campaignViolation of Human rightsThe campaigns of 1987-1989 were characterized by the following gross violations of human rights:a) mass summary executions and mass disappearance of many tens of thousands of non-combatants, including large numbers of women and children, and sometimes the entire population of villages;the widespread use of chemical weapons, including mustard gas and the nerve agent GB, or Sarin, against the town of Halabja as well as dozens of Kurdish villages, killing many thousands of people, mainly women and children;see) the wholesale destruction of some to,000 villages, which are described in government documents as having been "burned," "destroyed," "demolished" and "purified," as well as at least a dozen larger towns and administrative centers (nahyas and qadhas); Since 1975, some 4,000 Kurdish villages have been destroyed by the Former Iraqi Regime.d) By the most conservative estimates, 50,000 rural Kurds died during Anfal alone. Middle East Watch has documented three cases of mass executions in late 1988; in one of them, 180 people were put to death.e) Army engineers even destroyed the large Kurdish town of Qala Dizeh (population 70,000) and declared its environs a "prohibited area," removing the last significant population center close to the Iranian border.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ War:Some 175,000 Iraqis were taken prisoner and casualties were estimated at approximately 20,000 according to U.S. data, with other sources pinning the number as high as 100,000.100,000 excess deaths - estimated in the September 2004 Lancet survey of mortality before and after the 2003 invasion of Iraq;The Iraq Body Count project counts between 43,269 and 48,046 civilian deaths reported in major media through September 1, 2006. ( By whom you seem unconcerned and unmoved in piety)Post Gulf War 1991Iraq's ethnic and religious divisions, together with the resulting postwar devastation, laid the groundwork for new rebellions within the country. In the aftermath of the fighting, social and ethnic unrest among Shi'a Muslims, Kurds, and dissident military units threatened the stability of Saddam's government. Uprisings began in the Kurdish north and Shi'a southern and central parts of Iraq, but were ruthlessly repressed. In 2005 the BBC reported that as many as 30,000 persons had been killed during the 1991 uprising