xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Download Hd Movie In 1 Second

Hey, doesn't out basic HDD have a transfer limit of something around 3GB/sec. Then how can we put data into the HDD at a rate faster than that even if our network cables allow transfer speeds upto 160GB/s???But if we can have transfer speeds as high as those in the near future it would be a great boon. Kudos to people working on it. Sometimes I wonder the world's evolving at such a high rate. About 14 years ago only a few people had even seen PCs then.The world has drastically changed in the last 15 years (and I must say the environment has deteriorated with the same pace too!!!)

Wow thatz an amazing bandwidth. But still this is only for communication between supercomputers. But definitely this bandwidth would nt ve been reached due to the power of the super computer. It must be due to the power of the transmission channel or transmission medium. So to achieve this bandwidth in the public internetwork or Internet(WWW) it is prerequisite to replace all the current transmission channels with the new technology. This must be a comercially unviable or might take a very long time to become true.

Dang!That is a gamers heaven connection! Imagine the ping! 0! lolThat is quite amazing but think of the cost of having it in any recent years.

That is amazing. I can't wait until anything even remotely close to that becomes the standard. For todays technology, I think that the standard internet speed is pathetic. And yes, Alex you are right. The human race is extremely impatient but that does not mean we should not strive for improvements.
I stumbled upon this article where a 75-year-old woman has the fastest home internet speed at 40gbps. Even half that would be awesome if it was the standard.

The way technology is growing, I bet I will get my wish pretty soon.

hi wtf is this crap they cant do 5 gb a sec let alonw 160 u nuts

Thats amazing, they should supply cables that only do like... 500mb a second to every computer and isp in the world... for $1.00 each so they ALL buy them.. then we would have super fast internet... not too greedy to want 160gb 1 tho lol

In a few years so many people will be using the internet that all the servers in the world will crash - but then again it's just a theory. My internet is supposed have a download rate of 2mb/s according to SpeedTest.Net, but I only have a max. download of 200kb/s... Very weird.

The CIA probably already has that. They have like supercomputers and lots of other stuff the US government is hiding from everyone else in the world. Again - that's a theory. Except for the 30mb/s+ CIA internet download speed (their agents need to download pictures of the people they're spying on very, very quickly.)

I stumbled upon this article where a 75-year-old woman has the fastest home internet speed at 40gbps. Even half that would be awesome if it was the standard.

I don't believe that. 40GB/S? That is way too fast.

Oh thats great.I always wanted to downlaod Hd movies but with slow net connection,its not been possible.So its great that IBM has managed to increase the net speed to 160 GB/s.Ah I want to have that now and most probably I would have that soon.Great now I can download HD movies in just 1 second hurray!.

Edited by musicmaza (see edit history)

“The most difficult part of the whole project was installing Windows on Sigbritt’s PC,” said Jonsson.

Another surreptitious insult to Microsoft, of course.

Considering the united states has yet to provide high speed broadband internet to most of its citizens, I don't see this as an economical for some time to come. I suspect that it will initially be used for short distances in office building data networks and such. Personal use of this technology is currently reserved for the likes of Bill Gates and will be for some time to come. Cool to think about though!