xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
crazymind21

Getting My Forum Online

oke wel, i got my zip file uploadet on the file manager ( ty jlhaslip),now i have to instal it,so i basicly got onto th einstall page where u put in ur database name and stuff, so i did and it didn' t work, so i thought oH YEAH dumb i have to make a mysql database first, so i did that so i filled in the form, with the name of the database and the username i made, so i press instal, and i get errors.so basicly since my knowledge of either php or mysql databases is 0,0,i can't figure it out, so my question is could an admin or mod, install it for me, i looke don the internet for tuts on it, but i can't find em, and if i could i would be even more confused ,so wel plz help lol, i realy need itmaybe an idea= since php is free, why don't put a pre installed forum on the hosting, so some of us wont have to go throught hell to get it up:P

Which forum software are you using and what errors are you getting? A screenshot would help and/or you could write down the data and post it.That would be more useful and only then I guess I can help you out with this.

I think they might be referring to phpbb3, since they also left a note in the thread about that Forum software.Check to be sure that the databasename is prefixed with your cpanel name followed by an underscore.Example :database name you used is: forumyour cpanel name is : usernamethen in the phpbb3 Install page, use : username_forum as the databasenameThis is the most common error.Also, we need to see the actual error you are receiving from the Install program. Thanks.

basicly the error was that they could not found the database,and i know bout the underscore, i filled the form in with an underscore,oke basicly i'll try it again and i will make 3 screen shots, of making a mysql database and the form filled in, and what i get , give me a few i will edit this post oke,

Posted Image

Posted Image

now for some reason i didn' t get the error, very weird no wi got this

Posted Image

oke i clicked automaticly

Posted Image

uhmoke wel i got it working i guess,so srry all lol

uhm try if it works

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by crazymind21 (see edit history)

It's loading properly, you can check the functionality of all the features well yourself.Just one question: What made you not use phpbb3? :lol: Why phpbb2 now?

basicly the only reason i used php 2 because of the fact, 3 is still unstable,next to that no reason basicly, i' m just pissed i have to us php forums cause i think they suck, i'm used to invisionboard, there way better and u skin it by urself realy easly, i have no knowledge of this forums but i'll try working it out lol

basicly the only reason i used php 2 because of the fact, 3 is still unstable,next to that no reason basicly, i' m just pissed i have to us php forums cause i think they suck, i'm used to invisionboard, there way better and u skin it by urself realy easly, i have no knowledge of this forums but i'll try working it out lol

InvisionBoard is built on PHP and MySQL, and phpBB3 is almost built on PHP.
And I find phpBB forums easier to mod than InvisionBoard.

You ever tried SMF?

InvisionBoard is built on PHP and MySQL, and phpBB3 is almost built on PHP.
And I find phpBB forums easier to mod than InvisionBoard.

You ever tried SMF?

lol the reason i love invisionboard is, u can code it urself,like there is a file manager in the admin management, thats why i love it, u can put headers in and design ur whole skin, yes u can put a banner and change the skin in php forums to but not like invisionboard,

lol smf, i don't even know what it stands for

Glad you worked it out. :lol:Enjoy your Forum, and take a look at EasyMod for phpbb2. It really simplifies modding the Forum software. And check out phpbbhacks.com for skins and templates.

i will tell you what smf is, only the greatest free forum around! it stands for Simple Machines Forum. its extremely simple to learn and use, and you can code everything your self if you want to. the support is great and if you need codes, then just goto http://www.simplemachines.org/community/ and look around there. its one of the greatest free forums. the only reason i am switching to ipb is that it looks nicer and more proffessional to me.

i will tell you what smf is, only the greatest free forum around! it stands for Simple Machines Forum. its extremely simple to learn and use, and you can code everything your self if you want to. the support is great and if you need codes, then just goto http://www.simplemachines.org/community/ and look around there. its one of the greatest free forums. the only reason i am switching to ipb is that it looks nicer and more proffessional to me.

I agree. SMF is the best forum software I've ever come across, within the free ones.

But I am thinking of phpbb3 now, it just looks and feels so much better and lighter than SMF. :lol: