xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wenster

You Should Eat Often dont be like me

today was not fun. i was in first period and i'm like, "geez, i feel like i'm going to faint." i feel like that a lot so i'm just like okay, i'm not going to focus on it...but then like a minute later i was like, "crap, i feel like i'm going to throw up AND faint" so i'm like oh man, i had better leave because throwing up in class = absolutely disgusting, plus who does that past elementary school?so i made my way down the hall to the bathroom and my vision went all blurry like it does when you feel like that. the bathroom isn't that far away but it felt like miles...i remember reaching the door and opening it and thinking, "yuck i really don't want to throw up in a school toliet." and the next thing i knew i was on the floor. it felt surprisingly nice down there for a school bathroom floor, despite the fact i was totally grossed out. it didn't help that i decided to wear my dressy clothes for school. and then this lady comes in and i'm just , "oh, hello" and she's all what are you doing on the bathroom floor? she was nice though, she told me there might be another room with no one in it that i could lie down in. she didn't even question why i had passed out, which was nice because normally people are always like, "OH MY GOD. DID YOU HIT YOUR HEAD? I THINK SHE HIT HER HEAD. HAVE YOU EATEN BREAKFAST? WHAT'S BOTHERING YOU? ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"What's weird was the lady coming into the bathroom. Maybe she was the clean up lady or something. I have no idea.anyway, then i got up and the room she was talking about was full so she took me to another one across the building and she was running and i'm going to fall over any second but i made it. then she got me some water and told me i looked like i needed some crackers and i told her i had lunch next hour (even though i wasn't hungry and didn't end up eating). and she asked me about my summer plans and i went on and on about them and i think she got annoyed.then i called my mom to excuse me for the afternoon so i left at 11:30 and had starbucks for lunch which made me sick but oh well.You shouldn't skip meals just because you want to be smaller. I should've exercised, but i'm so lazy. haha It was stupid on my part to not eat much for a whole week

Edited by wenster (see edit history)

Food is what keeps your body going. That's why people don't starve themselves if they want to lose weight. It's not healthy for the body. Try to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday and try to eat healthy too. If you do feel like fainting, drinking water or eating something will usually work. Good story, I hope you learned from it. Don't be anorexic :lol:

a tale to remember, especially for people who skip meals just to lose weight. :lol: the same thing happened to me twice in my life so far, once when i was in high school years ago, and one just this year. not that i am trying to lose weight; i have an average body weight. the feeling of nausea, and signs of fainting and blurred vision are just not a good experience for me. but all due the same cause, of skipping meal for that day due to forgetfulness (life sometimes is fun, i tend to forget to eat.) :D both times, when i started to feel wobbly and my world is starting to sway, i just had to sit down right where i was standing. it's not a good thing to be moving about when you are about to faint. just calm yourself while sitting down, breathe consciously, and don't care if everybody about is staring at you. try to pop some sweets too (a candy perhaps), as it can help, if no other food you can easily eat to revive your strength is readily available. when you are stable enough to move, and the feeling of nausea and fainting has passed, then get yourself a full meal.

At first, i didn't know where you were going with the story, but then i read the "moral" of the story:

You shouldn't skip meals just because you want to be smaller. I should've exercised, but i'm so lazy. haha It was stupid on my part to not eat much for a whole week.

If you wanna lose weight, exercising isn't the only thing that'll help. Indeed, "you are what you eat." How healthy do you think you can get if you just eat junk food and exercise? Did you know that eating right can help you lose weight? Stick to a proper diet, and you'll be fine.
Also, if you're not going to eat, then give the food to someone or thing that would/will.

Food is what makes you function. What you eat can affect your health. Try to eat more fruits since they're healthy. They can keep your sugar cravings down because of their natural sugar. You can also talk to a nutritionist to help you make a menu that will help you lose weight. Avoiding store bought fruit juice, sweets, dairy, and meat is the easiest way to help you lose weight. At least it gives you the option of getting a salad when you go to McDonalds with your friends.

I would have a visit with a nutritionist/dietician. S/he can help you figure out your ideal weight, discuss the best foods for your body's needs, et cetera.Skipping meals only makes things worse. You walk around being hungry and faint, dizzy and nauseated, because your body is trying to tell you that it needs fuel to burn. If you eat food that's good for you, exercise on a regular basis, et cetera, your weight is not likely to be an issue. (Some people have health problems that negate this statement, though.)And remember that your body *does* need some of the "crud foods" out there. We have to have some salt, sugar, et cetera. We don't need a ton of it, so it's not a good idea to live on fast food and soft drinks. :lol:As for exercise: it stinks. I do not exercise just for the sake of exercising. I have to find something that I like doing. So I walk, which is actually fun because I live in the country and have lots of interesting things to see (trees, wild animals, the creek, et cetera). Or I ride my skates/bike. Or I play baseball. All of these things are good for my body without sucking the fun out of my day :D

Besides the obvious "food makes you go" speech here is one you should consider: When you habitually starve yourself your body builds up fat (Link). When you starve yourself for periods of time your body realizes that it's next injection of fuel may be farther off than usual and therfore stores the fat to be used as energy later on. The human body is highly adaptable; it's why people can train their body to wake up at a certain time or even go to the bathroom on routine. So really it's no surprise that your body would adapt to being starved.

There are basically three modes you can go with your diet:1) Feast & Famine - the diet of our ancestors where we stuff ourselves silly, then don't eat for longer periods of time(about a week). You can pull it off and live a healthy lifestyle, but it also assumes that you excersize to use up all of what you ate. 2) Three square meals a day - the American diet plan, consisting of large portions of food given three times daily. Combined with the problems of the amount of calories in Fast food it can be a regiment for disaster.3) Small, controlled meals - the European diet plan, consisting of eating small meals(that are nutritious) throughout the day when you are hungry(not I feel like eating hungry, but rather my stomach is rumbling hungry). It's probably the lesser of the two evils as an alternative to Feast & Famine, IMO. "Just eat what you need when you need it rationally".I'm guessing you threw up because you tried and pulled a #1 with #3's food plan, or something similar...

You should never skip meals, unless you absolutely have to. Food is really important for us humans to keep living. We need all the vitamins, minerals, fats that food give us. Remember eating a simple apple can mean the difference between life and death (in extreme circumstances).So go and eat you food

I'm American, but I take the European approach - eating small meals several times a day. I figure that, if my body is hungry, I should feed it something. They aren't regular-sized portions, though. When I go to a restaurant, even when I haven't eaten in HOURS and am ready to chow down on the entire menu, I can eat maybe half of the regular-sized portion. Good thing takeout containers are easy to get :lol: