xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jarlaxe

Site Builder

As the Xisto does not come with a site builder then that means we have to create our sites on our computers and then upload them.Does anyone know any software, both free and payed that i could use to create my site?Thankyou!Edit: Better grammer

Edited by Jarlaxe (see edit history)

Don't know if I have to answer this because someone ius going to tell you that you must search the forums. But anyway, the more common option is Macromedia Dreamweaver and the Microsoft Frontpage and lots of more... and then take the step to learn html and to make something in notepad, to see if you understand the language. It's easy when you know it.

yeah, i searched the forums but didnt get anything useful. Ill download dreamweaver and try that. I also have some basic knowledge of html so that should help.Thanks(Still looking for more answers!!)

I don't know why but I have this thing for web based sitebuilders. You can also download and install content management systems. However, if you care about your website enough to spend a bit of money to get a great design, I suggest you also check out this sitebuilder with great templates. You can use it to design your site hosted here at Xisto too :lol:

Edited by blogmaster (see edit history)

To be honest, no program will help you learn. If you want to make professionaly grade websites, tearn to html, or if you really wanna go good, php and mysql all the way baby. Trust me, best way to go, and its the most fun.

okay thanks, i downloaded microsoft expression website builder in the end. Ill try it out for the trial and see if i like it. Thanks for all the feedback!Does anyone know any free easy site builders by the way?

Have you ever tried a wysiwyg editor? there is one called search:Nvu, which is a branch off of the Mozilla Suite, formerly named Composer. I have heard some good things about it.

ahh yeah i tried wysiwyg "you see what you get" and it worked well until i started getting some bugs with it. So im out again looking for some more free site builders. Thanks for the info on the mozzilla one, ill look into that.Thanks people.

Whooah, i found one i really like! Its called Ewisoft. Very simple with a load of great templates. You can also switch between html and normal is a click of a button. Its easy to use and even fun! Hope to upload my site soon =)Note: I highly recomend ewisoft.