xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

One Of The World Biggest Spammers Going To Jail

Well although spamming is not a federal crime, doing everything else to set it up is, Which includes computer hacking, wire transer fraud, bank fraud, Identity Fraud and quite a few other frauds that I can't think of. I remember an article I read a while back a sister and a brother were spamming or one of them was and get sent to 10 years to jail because of the stuff he or she did to set it up.

YEAH I found that article Here

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

All I can say is shame on the spammer. It just shows everyone that eventually you will be caught. I have noticed an influx of the "Oh my gosh I just found out I have 1 million dollars, but I need you to send me 100 dollars for the claim to go through" in my normal mail inbox. I keep them, I think they're funny. There's a website out there that drags the Nigerian scammers along and go along with their plans. It's really funny to read the stories of how stupid the Nigerian Scammers are.

This could quite well result in a new age of computer "laws", where we see many more people being arrested for spamming or hacking and such. However, I wonder... how did they manage to catch him? It seems like it has become very hard to track a person down on the Internet without them telling you their personal information.

1 Spammer down, millions left to go. I wonder just how much in total spam he produced by himself? Must be quite a lot. He shouldn't get put in jail for to long, just ban him from PCs. Then no more spam from him...

Well if you happen to breeze through the article it mentions that he sent millions possibly billions of spam daily, which is no wonder he needed so many zombie's order to do it. Of course the other issue is that there is a legal way to spam and a illegal way to spam and this guy did it the illegal way which i mentioned in my previous post. It was mention that 75 billion spam get sent a day, now that is one huge server overload if most of these people did it the right way, but of course when your stealing money you don't want to be caught.@Matt2 post: yeah I saw a site similar to make the Nigerian scammers look stupid, this one story I read a guy use hollywood actors names as business partners and what not it was pretty hysterical, he even threw in a secretary as well for communication when "the boss" wasn't around and stuff. What gets me though is that these people still succeed in stealing money, but from tv reports I saw about this they attack mostly older people who believe that this is total awesome and just a bogus scam.

I doubt that he'll be given access to computers in prison. And I would not be surprised if a condition of his release is that he cannot own or use computers for x amount of time (if not the rest of his life - just depends, I suppose). But at the same time: I also would not be surprised if, once this guy is released, he goes right back to doing what he was doing. All that money he was making just for working on a computer has got to be a very powerful lure to a guy like him.