xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Photoshop Cs2: Full Signature Tutorial Made by Tramposch

This is a tutorial on how to make a signature like this:

Posted Image

First of all, you need to find your render, try to find one that doesn't have a lot of space around its arms, or doesnt have a cape, because

then it will not looks so great with empty space.

For the signature I used this render:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

1) Open a new document, with a white background, any reasonable signature size will do (don't make it too large :( ).

2) Go Edit---> Fill (shift + F5, or set black as foreground ( I think) and click control shift backspace)

3) Duplicate that layer, so now you have two black layers:

Posted Image

When you have done that, then you go to filter --> Render ---> Lens Flare set on these settings: (make sure that you put the lense flare under

where your render is going to be located).

Posted Image

4)Then to make it look better, erease the part that is next to the actuall part that is bright. (circled in image below, and make sure that you

did the lense flare on top black layer)

Posted Image

5)After that, you can open up your render, again, here is the render I used:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

and place it on the right side (you can choose wherever you want, but make sure that the lense flare is under the render).

Resize the render to the size you want, or leave it if nescesery. Then duplicate the layer (Control J) and click the little eye next to the

layer in the layer pallete.

6)I am not the GREATEST at smudging, but I am not horrible, let me show you how the outcome should be (does not matter what brush you use, and

you might want to smudge a bit more then shown :) ):

Posted Image

7)Set that layer on colour burn, colour dodge, or overlay, whatever setting suites it the best. Then duplicate the layer, then put it on colour

burn, colour dodge, or overlay, whatever setting suites it the best, but make sure it is not to dark, it should look like this after:

Posted Image

8) Once you have done that, un-hide the hidden render (click on the little eye again).

9) (you can choose if you include/exclude this step from the signature) duplicate the render again, and then set it on hue, then the next one

on soft light, or a setting that suites it... (you prolly shouldnt do this :( )

10)Mkay when you are done that, create a new layer (control shift n) and take out your pencil tool at a 1 pixel thickness, colour white. Then

trace your render with it, then set that layer on overlay, if you want, you can create a new layer again, scribble a bit over the render, then

lower the opacity, and set it on overlay, so it looks a bit..... well, how do I explain it.. Cool? Lol. Your outcome should look like this:

Posted Image

11) Ok, next step you create a new layer, on top of all layers (control shift N), go to image --> apply image and set it to this:

Posted Image

12) To the layer you just completed by applying that image, you need to follow this tutorial: ( I made, it is short)

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/48223-photoshop-mosaic-tile-effect-learn-how-to-add-a-nice-effect/

13) You may have to remove some steps on that tutorial, or not, you just need to make that tile effect, and that is it. Once you made that,

erease all the tiles on the render, and then lower the opacity of your eraser, and erase the rest of the part, so it isnt as.... as.. intense..

14) Next :) you can create your border!

Mkay, im not sure if this will confuse you or not, but i will try to explain it the best i can.

Click the letter U, it should hilight a tool that is nine tools down from the top, in the right collumn. Right click that tool, then select

rounded rectangle tool.

Set the tool on these settings:

Posted Image

once you select that, click the top left of your signature with it, and hold the mouse down (dont do it at the top left corner! go more right

so you cut some of the ugly junk on the left side off) and then drag down, all the way down to the bottom of the signature, then drag to the

right, and drag the curves of the right side over the sig, so that side will be square. here is an image on how it should look:

Posted Image

Take pen tool, right click that circle thing you put, and click make selection, then copy it into a new document with a transpaernt background

15) copy that into a new document, and select the outer border of the image (make sure background is transparent!) and click stroke, set it on

these settings: (on a new layer)

Posted Image

then set that layer to overlay, add your text, and voila! here is a complete version of the signature:

Posted Image

Thanks for viewing, tell me of any errors please!

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

very nice tutorial. the only thing i could find wrong was its not exactly noob friendly, meaning that i cant easily follow it. so i would suggest further explaining it and give more detailed instructions.for example, when you say try to find your render, one that doesnt have a lot of space around it, i dont really get what you are saying. its kind of confusing to me, but that is probably because i havent used photoshop in a while and CS2 is new to me. im pretty good at most things, but now i am trying to learn photoshop again, while coding our website while getting on guild wars while do a hundred other things, so a bit more explaination would be great. i bet if you explain more, more people will be attracted to your tutorials and you will get more attention and become more popular in the forums as a GFX guy, maybe even be able to join the GFX team. i liked the tutorial, however, i could not really get that far because i am new to CS2 and before i used 9 and i have to relearn everything. so maybe a revision making it more noob friendly would be great.Also, try making a tut for people who are new to photoshop, im sure you could create a big series on that, explaining a couple elements each part. i would read every single one for sure. because like i said, i do not have a lot of time to learn everything in photoshop, and like ive seen in your other work, your pretty darn good. so keep up the good work, and try to make things more noob friendly.Best of luck,robocz033

Hmm, I don't think I could make that tutorial noob friendly, because in my opinion you need to not be a noob to be able to do it :/But i could try.... ill like.. just put it on this post, because i don't want to screw up the tutorial..actually, can you guys just name the parts that you are having trouble with, i will like.. make a video on how to do it, or make an animate gif..

copy and past it in :)Thanks for the complement mr dude with LEEROY JENKINS SIG!! he pwns...yes, you can either drag the layer into the sig, or just copy and paste it in! pretty simple.

I'm sorry but i don't like the outcome. Other than the Tile effect there's nothing special in that tutorial. I am really sorry but it just doesn't do for me. But if you showed me this 2 years back i would have loved it ( Great fir newbs with a lil Practice)Because thereare soethings needed that you must have some basic concepts of photoshop Known atleast

Sadly, I did not draw the robot :P lol it was a render i got of the internet. i wish i could do that, it would be awesome.. lolWell thanks for the .. compliment or complement i always forget which one is the correct word to use, they are both words, but which one do i use? idk.Some graphics pro draw that in some 3d program.

thank you Tramposch. i see people have sig like me, and they put image they make. i think they made all by them selves, but sometime picture is hard for me to draw. i use photoshop for page but i can not draw really good. need to read lot of tutorial, and i can make my sig with pictures.