xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tramposch

Photoshop: Mosaic Tile Effect Learn how to add a nice effect

Mosiac Tiles!

This tutorial i would say is very simple it is for Adobe Photshop CS2!

If you want to add a nice effect on your sig (easy also) stay here and read.

This would be an example:

Posted Image

You see the tiles on the left side? That is what you are going to learn today. :)

Okay first, if you want to apply this affect to your signature, you open the signature you want, create a new layer, then go to apply image, to apply image.. when you are done that, go to filter,pixelate, mosiac and set it to this :

Posted Image

(that is the size that i usually use, and is what i used in my example signature)

Once you are done that, you can erase what you don't want, before or after you add the effect you want.

After that, you go to filter -->sharpen-->sharpen then click control F a couple of times more untill you get the effect you want. This looks best when its only in corners, but its your choice you use it. I personally think it looks 100% better with darker colours, and you cant do it on just a white background or just black, it has to be a design, or you wont be able to see the mosiac tiles... I will be releasing more tutorials with this one, and i will answer any of your questions.

Posted Image

Short tutorial, but nice :) Lol

yep indeed , nice and simple, tut.altho not the most original 1 is it:Pbut anyway what i wanted to comment on thiswhy didn't u show how u would use it in ur sign,its nice and all,but isn't it the point that u use it in a signature, wel than why don' t u show us how u use it in an signwell,guess i 'll try to do it with text only:P- duplicate the layer- follow the tut- change layer styles, and erase most of it, -that basicly how the tuts will work on signs:Pbut anyway nice tut, if u could just add this it would be way betterty for postinggreetz crazy

Very interesting, but would I need mosaic tiles in my signatures? i don't know, but I just have a gut feeling that this will come in handy someday.Good Job Tramposch

yep indeed , nice and simple, tut.altho not the most original 1 is it:P
but anyway what i wanted to comment on this
why didn't u show how u would use it in ur sign,its nice and all,
but isn't it the point that u use it in a signature, wel than why don' t u show us how u use it in an sign
well,guess i 'll try to do it with text only:P

- duplicate the layer
- follow the tut
- change layer styles, and erase most of it,
-that basicly how the tuts will work on signs:P

but anyway nice tut, if u could just add this it would be way better

ty for posting

greetz crazy

Mkay, Lol, i did not understand half the things you said :) . So do you want me to make a tut that shows how i made that signature? Or what Lol.

i would rather you not diss my tutorial -.- its annoying, lol
Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)

Mkay, Lol, i did not understand half the things you said :( . So do you want me to make a tut that shows how i made that signature? Or what Lol.

Yup, he wants you to make a tutorial where you can show people how to use this specific technique in different ways in sigs, banners and stuff like that.

He wrote down the tut, in like 4 lines, lol! :)

It's basically, create a new layer, apply image, follow the tut, sharpen a bit more (I personally use this thing while most of us don't.) and then erase the part you don't want after changing the layer blending to screen or overlay or whatever you like.

I guess you have mentioned it but he didn't care to read much and only saw the pictures. :) You have mentioned it there about what I did above.
Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)

Good, because i just wrote that, takinga risk because id dint know if that is what he wanted.but it would be more then four lines.. because you say like "ne wlayer, apply image.. then FOLLOW TUT" which is more lines then four -.-but it can still help people.. like some people have been trying to figure it o ut..

Edited by Tramposch (see edit history)