xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rvalkass

Uk Universities Applications coming up in a few months

I have already started thinking about which universities to apply to once I finish my A-levels (I'm doing my AS exams at the moment). What I want to find out is some information from people currently at university in the UK. I just want the basics: which uni you're at, what the accommodation is like, what the facilities are like, that sort of thing. If I can get the time off school then I should be able to attend a few open days at the universities near me, but I'm looking for up-to-date information from people studying at the moment, or who only left a few years ago.Also, I'm hoping to study either chemistry, physics or computer science, so if you are studying one of those it would also be great if you could tell me a little about the course, the staff and stuff.This is really important to me, as the open days and prospectuses don't always offer a true picture of day-to-day life, and going to university is a big move to make.

I was thinking I will go off to study cybernetics / computer science at a uni. Trouble is, most don't offer cybernetics and sometimes the computer science deps. are lacking!I was speaking to a couple of people, and it turns out for that combination Reading university is definitely the best. I kinda want to go somewhere a little further away though, as I live quite near... Might be worth a look.Uni. of York is also looking like a fine contender!!!