xisto Community
zergber

I'm So Angry!

First my laptop broke because of a virus! I then lost my recovery system and had to buy a new windows thing! And when I purchased it and installed no network(internet) worked nor sound or video! When i last found the way to solve it and it worked.I was so happy... when I discovered that the battery had died ( Doesn't work) and now I have to buy a new one!This is the worse that had happened to me :'( .

MAN THAT SUCKS!I hate virus's!! I want to kill them all!So I get many free spyware and ad ware programs and run them all at one time a month!! I suggest you do the same and back your computer up on a external HDBest of luck mate.

Yeah, those viruses suck big time. That's one of the reasons I use a Mac. I don't even have anti-virus software on my laptop. Good luck with that Windoz computer. :)

As much as I hate Windows, I'm getting a little fed up waiting for Apple to release their Mac Book Pro with Santa Rosa. Every time I check out the Mac rumor mill they predict "it's just around the corner," or, "next Tuesday." Well, hurry up already! No wonder people buy Windows. It may be crap, but at least it's available crap.

Yea, virii are a pain, I hope everything clears up for you soon.

As for Watermonkey,

Yeah, those viruses suck big time. That's one of the reasons I use a Mac. I don't even have anti-virus software on my laptop. Good luck with that Windoz computer. :)

Macs can get virii, but most people make them for windows because its easier and more widely used. Alot of virus makers don't like windows either (I understand why). So, if everyone hated Apple, then macs would be the ones with virii while windows was the one people said was better because it doesn't get virii (I would still prefer mac, more reliable and faster). That just may be why mac is faster though, they don't have to worry about working every last moment on security rather than speed.
Welp, just my two cents.

ClamXav is an open source antivirus program for the Mac. It's always good to have an antivirus program because eventually you'll come by one.

But yes, I would have to say I've had more trouble with virii on my Windows desktop. So much that every six months I had to do a restore on the computer just to keep it running at a semi-fast speed. Now it runs Ubuntu, Microsoft was murked.

Edited by Smack (see edit history)

I had a system go down in flames once because I *thought* that I had installed the antivirus...but, um, didn't, apparently. It was Mom's computer, so she and I shared the responsibility for that one. And we learned to always, always make sure that the antivirus is updated and running :)And a Mac can get a virus too. In fact: it's actually happened before. So it's no longer valid to claim that "Macs don't get viruses." EVERY computer user should install and maintain an antivirus...because it's cheaper and a lot less painful than what can happen if we don't :)

MAN THAT SUCKS!

I hate virus's!! I want to kill them all!

So I get many free spyware and ad ware programs and run them all at one time a month!! I suggest you do the same and back your computer up on a external HD

Best of luck mate.

Get a mac, and WM there are some viruses for macs coming up so a virus software is essential.

Anyway, that sucks, seems like you had one of those days. Similar thing happened to my dads IBM, it got a virus, he had to fix it up and then he noticed that the battery was broken so he had to buy that as well, he was pissed at me because the virus was from me downloading music from morpheus he he, wont do that again!

Yes if you buy a mac, you will very few if not any viruses. But, you cannot get a mac from best buy or anything, you must go to a special mac store an order one from there. The problem is macs areusually more expenisve than ibm's so that might hurt, but youll save money in the loong run!

Go to Apple.com and look in the store and compare apples to apples, forgive the pun. Apple tends to use higher end hardware so they charge more, but they last longer and come pre-loaded with lots of software including the cult favorite, Garageband. As long as Leo Laporte doesn't use any anti-virus software, neither will I. He's the "Tech Guy" you know. I think you just get alot more for your money with apple and if you read consumer reports, you'll see, I'm not the only one.

As long as Leo Laporte doesn't use any anti-virus software, neither will I. He's the "Tech Guy" you know.

Suppose the author has a point there, but then - so do those who state viruses can also infect the Mac. All I know is, I'm sick and tired of waiting for Apple to update to Santa Rosa already. This hand-me-down piece of PC crap I'm suffering with won't be suffered much longer. Everyone is saying June, but for all I know, they'll wait till September to release the new model.
Once I defect over to Apple, I suspect they'll be no turning back to the "dark side." But here's what bothers me: As more folks make the switch to sanity, it stands to reason the virus developers are likely to follow suit and follow their prey to Mac. Yes, I know the Mac is inherently less vulnerable than the PC, but where there's a will (well, you know the rest).