xisto Community
velma

I Do Not Like Stalkers Bunch of desperate leeches

Hey,Just a few days ago this creepy sidey looking guy starts followig me while I am on my way to my office and he keeps leering at me and follows me till my office and then leaves. He looked so sidey so I could not even yell at him. Another time this guy follows me till my school that is quite far from my home and I usually walk half the distance He followed me for a long time and then he starts singing while talking about my breasts like they were meant for him. JERK!!!!I am disgusted by them along with the other people who are ready with sympathy like " your good looking so obviously they will follow" or some crap of that kind. The guys must be so desperate to ust follow a chick and treat her so horribly. Once I had slapped a kid and another time I had pointed the guy out loudly in the local transport. It made him stop touching me.I feel like carrying a baseball bat and whack them or something but again I cannot go on whacking everybody now can.

Define: "sidey."

Unfortunately, we can only offer advice:

Ask for a trustworthy person to walk with you.

Avoid secluded areas.

Carry pepper spray; or if it gets far too out of hand: a taser (just be careful with this thing).

You may not be able to whack everyone, but self defense is self defense.

Sadly there are disgusting people in the world with not much else to do so the best advice I can give is just carry a baseball bat or something, you don't have to hit them but maybe threaten them if they get too close and they'll probably back off. Or if you don't feel like carrying those things around just carry something smaller like pepper spray like truefusion said.

Best Advice I got kick him in the family jewels then he won't be able to use them ever :), I would advise carrying something like a baseball bat since they easily avoidable and could be used against you, pepper spray and or 50,000 volt teaser will do just fine. Best move is to bring a friend along with you like a group of 3 people or more, of course if you bring a guy friend along dude should get the hint and go get his loneliness else where. Thats why I hate men :) even though I am one, all they do is screw it up for other guys who are sincere and all that to other women but since all that trust is broken because of some past relationship or tragic event. That some women won't give the new guy a chance because they believe we are trying to get into their pants by faking or some crazy thing like.Yeah Yeah it's the final objective but usually there is a small group of men want that true relationship instead of the one night stand at a party or some junk. But since we can't read each others minds how can anyone tell if that is true or not, but you got play the game of risk and sometimes people do lose but you must be able to move on and stuff.

I agree with everyone, bring a friend, pepper spray, kick the pervert and bring a bat if you can. Heck, I'd punch the jerk personally. You could call the cops, but don't know if they could do much. XDI don't like stalkers either. They're very scary. There's a creepy pervert in my neighborhood and it scares me. That's why I don't talk to my neighbors.

Edited by lekrissy (see edit history)

Violence will not be the best solution until the stalker gets violent, because you will certainly be charged with assault if you just walk up to him and punch him in the face rather than letting him make the first move allowing you to use the self-defense strategy in any legal situation. Let it be until it gets to that point, because right now he's not doing anything particularily terrible to you other than creeping you out.

Its a crazy idea but you can bring a digital camera with you. When you think they start acting in a "stalkerish" manner you should take it out and pretend to be taking pictures of yourself or something. haha. Some might think your self absorb but hey its a give and take. Or you could be taking pictures of the scenery. Or pretend to talk on the phone calling the police or whatever.I hope the guys will stop following you. I don't know if they think they're gonna get a girl walking the streets from work or wherever to go out with them or what, they should just stick to cabarets or strips clubs or videos stores and leave girls alone. They make the girls think all guys are perverted and sick like them.

Stalkers and their perverted, cowardly ilk get away with harming women for a number of reasons, but the main one is - they know they can physically overtake a woman who is unarmed. For the most part, women are unduly afraid of guns and often walk around in a state of fear as a result. And parasites who prey on women are quite adept at "sniffing out" fearful women. Since laws seem to enable criminals, the burden falls upon the woman to equalize the inequity of physical force that exists between her and a man.

Let's get real here. No woman can drag around around a chaperone 24/7. And some maniac running around in a crack-induced frenzy will keep on coming no matter how much cayenne you pitifully spray out of your little pepper can. Yes, martial arts can prove invaluable but the average woman just doesn't have the upper body strength to take on the scrawniest man, training or no training.

Though you'll rarely hear this from our trusted anti-gun media, several studies conclude that WOMEN WHO RESIST ASSAULT WITH A GUN ARE FOUR TIMES MORE LIKELY TO ESCAPE UNHARMED than those who do not carry a gun. Sources include the Southwick Journal of Criminal Justice and Journal of Quantitative Criminology. Nor is our biased media likely to share the endless stories of courageous, armed women who saved themselves from inevitable harm by turning the tables on their attackers.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. To fight a criminal you need to learn how to think like one. Remember, criminals tend to err on the side of cowardice and seek out easy prey. I propose this question to you: If you were going to assault, harass or otherwise harm a woman, would you choose the woman with a gun, or the woman without one?

Bottom Line: The woman who takes self-defense seriously must learn to think for herself, purchase a gun and learn how to use it.

Bottom Line: The woman who takes self-defense seriously must learn to think for herself, purchase a gun and learn how to use it.

If you're gonna promote gun usage, why not rather promote knife usage instead? I mean, isn't a knife more easier to handle and take out than a gun? I mean, consider how long it would take to pull out a gun out of your purse, if at all you're caring one at the time to begin with—assuming that you don't have it on your side like cops do and out in the open. Also, the fear of uknown during an attack, and any hesitation, may cause the gun-owner to fail to react properly to an attack (even if they did take classes to try to promote stability, for a real attack is nothing compared to an imitation; although, the same can be said for a knife). Then there's always the factor that the attacker may gain the upperhand (take control of the weapon), and the defender can no longer defend themselves and therefore forced to allow the attacker to do as they please; yes, the same can be said for a knife; however, you have a higher chance of being able to run away from the attacker without worry of them shooting you; not to say that you'll leave unharmed if the attacker gets a hold of the knife.
Overall, i recommend taser over knife over gun.

If you're gonna promote gun usage, why not rather promote knife usage instead? I mean, isn't a knife more easier to handle and take out than a gun? I mean, consider how long it would take to pull out a gun out of your purse, if at all you're caring one at the time to begin withassuming that you don't have it on your side like cops do and out in the open. Also, the fear of uknown during an attack, and any hesitation, may cause the gun-owner to fail to react properly to an attack (even if they did take classes to try to promote stability, for a real attack is nothing compared to an imitation; although, the same can be said for a knife). Then there's always the factor that the attacker may gain the upperhand (take control of the weapon), and the defender can no longer defend themselves and therefore forced to allow the attacker to do as they please; yes, the same can be said for a knife; however, you have a higher chance of being able to run away from the attacker without worry of them shooting you; not to say that you'll leave unharmed if the attacker gets a hold of the knife.
Overall, i recommend taser over knife over gun.

Have you ever used a taser, knife, or gun? What experiences have you had with these three weapons?

A knife requires more physical prowess then most women can muster. To properly wield one, you should also have quite a lot of training and still, it's only used for close fighting, a place where a women or someone small would just as soon avoid. I personally know of a woman who's had to draw a gun twice and just seeing the gun turned the perp away each time to go find someone less dangerous to hassle. Guns work. Do you think a perp would turn away and stop following a woman if he saw she was armed with a knife? Or a taser? I doubt it. The threat of gun fire will turn around all but the most heavily armed attacker and you're screwed no matter what if you happen to encounter that sort. -But at least if that's the situation, you've leveled the playing field or battle field and if you die, you can die shooting instead of die providing a target for someone else. Thankfully perps are usually just drunk, high, stupid men who are looking for someone to kick because they feel like they've been kicked around so much and there's no dogs around for them to kick.

Don't be a target!
Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

If you're gonna promote gun usage, why not rather promote knife usage instead? I mean, isn't a knife more easier to handle and take out than a gun? I mean, consider how long it would take to pull out a gun out of your purse, if at all you're caring one at the time to begin with?assuming that you don't have it on your side like cops do and out in the open. Also, the fear of uknown during an attack, and any hesitation, may cause the gun-owner to fail to react properly to an attack (even if they did take classes to try to promote stability, for a real attack is nothing compared to an imitation; although, the same can be said for a knife).

These are all valid questions the woman contemplating self defense should ask herself. In answer to your first question, I would ask that you refer to my original post, where I ask one to think like a criminal. I suppose one could also word it, "If you were a criminal thinking of inflicting harm on a woman, would you attack the woman with a loaded gun, or the woman with a knife?"

A knife is certainly a viable option, but it won't necessarily cause an attacker to run in fear when brandished as a gun would. Further, it's use usually entails direct contact with the offender, whereas the intended victim can maintain a healthy distance with a firearm. Distance is of critical import for a woman.

Of the women who brandish a gun in a self defense (with full intent to use it), only two percent actually have to pull the trigger. The mere sight of this weapon sends most attackers running the opposite direction. I highly doubt a knife would have the same effect.

It goes without saying that a woman should be trained in the use of the weapon before hand, gaining both experience and confidence in her ability to wield, and if necessary, fire it in self defense. The confidence a woman naturally gains in firearms training manifests in her aura, and this alone tends to scare off criminals. By the way, it is quite legal to carry an exposed firearm in my state. Not that I necessarily excercise this right in our current fear-mongering climate of political correctness. Regardless, holsters of all caliber (pardon my pun) are available and offer easy and ready access in times of emergency.

Then there's always the factor that the attacker may gain the upperhand (take control of the weapon), and the defender can no longer defend themselves and therefore forced to allow the attacker to do as they please;

Again I would ask the reader to refer to my original post. This worn out rhetoric is often utilized by the media as a scare tactic, but the facts do not lie. The reality is, a woman who uses a gun against her attacker has four times the chance of surviving the attack unscathed as opposed to the woman who uses other means. These other means include knives. Why not condone a tool that levels the playing field for women and offers them such high chance of success? This, dear reader, is why I champion guns as the premier source of self defense for women.

[1]Have you ever used a taser, knife, or gun? [2]What experiences have you had with these three weapons?

A knife requires more physical prowess then most women can muster. [3]To properly wield one, you should also have quite a lot of training and still, it's only used for close fighting, [4]a place where a women or someone small would just as soon avoid. [5]I personally know of a woman who's had to draw a gun twice and just seeing the gun turned the perp away each time to go find someone less dangerous to hassle. [6]Guns work. [7]Do you think a perp would turn away and stop following a woman if he saw she was armed with a knife? Or a taser? I doubt it. [8:1]The threat of gun fire will turn around all but the most heavily armed attacker [8:2]and you're screwed no matter what if you happen to encounter that sort. [9]-But at least if that's the situation, you've leveled the playing field or battle field and if you die, you can die shooting instead of die providing a target for someone else. [10]Thankfully perps are usually just drunk, high, stupid men who are looking for someone to kick because they feel like they've been kicked around so much and there's no dogs around for them to kick.

Don't be a target!

[1]I've used a knife and a gun before. [2]The knife usually kitchen stuff and opening packages with plastic packaging that just won't open! :( The gun was a sniper rifle. And my dad also owned a gun.

[3]Are you implying that it doesn't take time to properly handle a gun?

[4]And also a place that is unnecessary for a gun—which is exactly the place where the person would be justified in self-defence.

[5]I'd run too if i saw someone pull out gun intending to use it!

[6]So do tasers, and knives.

[7]You may doubt it, but people are people.

[8:1]True, but the offender would think twice after being stabbed or jolted. [8:2]Mhmm.

[9]There is still one factor: the offender must pose as a threat before any action can be taken. By then, it may be too late no matter what defense weapon you have.

[10]Maybe.

[hr=noshade] [/hr]

A knife is certainly a viable option, but it won't necessarily cause an attacker to run in fear when brandished as a gun would. Further, it's use usually entails direct contact with the offender, [1:1]whereas the intended victim can maintain a healthy distance with a firearm. Distance is of critical import for a woman.

[2:1]Of the women who brandish a gun in a self defense (with full intent to use it), [1:2]only two percent actually have to pull the trigger. The mere sight of this weapon sends most attackers running the opposite direction. [2:2]I highly doubt a knife would have the same effect.

[2:3]It goes without saying that a woman should be trained in the use of the weapon before hand, gaining both experience and confidence in her ability to wield, and if necessary, fire it in self defense. The confidence a woman naturally gains in firearms training manifests in her aura, and this alone tends to scare off criminals. By the way, it is quite legal to carry an exposed firearm in my state. Not that I necessarily excercise this right in our current fear-mongering climate of political correctness. Regardless, holsters of all caliber (pardon my pun) are available and offer easy and ready access in times of emergency.

Again I would ask the reader to refer to my original post. [3]This worn out rhetoric is often utilized by the media as a scare tactic, but the facts do not lie. The reality is, a woman who uses a gun against her attacker has four times the chance of surviving the attack unscathed as opposed to the woman who uses other means. These other means include knives. Why not condone a tool that levels the playing field for women and offers them such high chance of success? This, dear reader, is why I champion guns as the premier source of self defense for women.

[1:1]Such would be an unjust act on the gun-holder: using a firearm for no reason, for the offender/attacker must touch her in such a manner that pose threatening in order to be justified in self-defense, therefore could render the gun as equally useful or less useful than a knife or taser. This is said excluding the statistics from 1:2.

[2:1][2:3]Same can be said for knife and taser, 'cept for the pun and maybe the 2% part and the part about you. :( And it is quite legal to carry many self-defense weapons openly, it (usually) becomes illegal when it is hidden. Should i then replace the knife with a short Katana (which might even weigh as much as the gun itself)? Also, there are tasers that extend a certain distance.

[2:2]Interesting, no statistics. Btw, you wouldn't happen to have any "factual" statisitics for knives or tasers, would you? :)

[3]I don't keep up with the media; i used common sense: no "scare tactic" intended. Indeed, if a hurricane were coming this way, i would be the last to hear about it. :) And also the reality is this: statistics isn't 100% reliable. For if it were 100% reliable, it would be absolute truth.

If the pain caused by a knife or taser doesn't phase the attacker, why should a bullet?

[1:1]Such would be an unjust act on the gun-holder: using a firearm for no reason, for the offender/attacker must touch her in such a manner that pose threatening in order to be justified in self-defense, therefore could render the gun as equally useful or less useful as a knife or taser. This is said excluding the statistics from 1:2.

Author implies physical contact by the offender must be made to warrant use of deadly force. Implication is false, and thus renders rest of statement irrelevant. Use of deadly force is warranted at such time individual feels another poses threat to her person - whether or not physical contact has been made.

[2:1][2:3]Same can be said for knife and taser, 'cept for the pun and maybe the 2% part and the part about you. :)

Yes, and the same could be said for a water pistol or blow dart. I doubt the offender would be impressed, though. I know I'm certainly not. :)

And it is quite legal to carry many self-defense weapons openly, it (usually) becomes illegal when it is hidden.

48 out of 50 states allow some form of legal concealed carry. Seems argumentative at best, considering the original argument concerned non-concealed carry.

Should i then replace the knife with a short Katana (which might even weigh as much as the gun itself)? Also, there are tasers that extend a certain distance.

Author is free to carry a short Katana or taser that extends a "certain" distance. Women who actually want to maintain a healthy distance from the offender while maintaining control over the situation are better advised to carry a pistol.

[2:2]Interesting, no statistics. Btw, you wouldn't happen to have any "factual" statisitics for knives or tasers, would you? ;)statistics isn't 100% reliable

Author bemoans so-called lack of statistics in one statement while belittling their importance in the next. This creates rather shaky ground for a rational debate. I have provided sound, logical, FACTS based on scientific study to support my argument, and have yet to hear the same from anti-gun supporters. Where are the statistics that prove women can fend off attackers better with taesers or knives than they can with guns? If you're going to refute the statistical evidence, you'd better have more than lip service to back it up.

Hi,Thanks for the updates. I quite liked the knife idea because one of my girl friends used to carry this butcher knife kind of a thing and everytime she would wield it you would see guys fleeing holding their assets because most of the lechers used to touch their "jewes" and make remarks and It is disgusting. Well she could carry the thing because she was a trained martial artist and she was a teacher at the local school.Well I usually avoid walking alone in the night or unfamiliar roads and If I do go in these kind of places it is with my boyfriend in his car. But these creeps follow me in daytime when it is difficult to prove that he is stalking me. Positive thing though is that the street I walk in is usually filled with college students and a hulk of a shop keeper who is a friend of mine but they irritate me.I would love to stab those perverts though, Let them hold their jewels then :) I would personally castrate them if they came too near me."sidey" as in those really cheap looking fellows who think that they are the hottest hunks around. They might be ugly but they still think that they are hot