xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kp2

The Secret

Not sure if this has been mentioned in here yet and would be surprised if it hasn't, but what are peoples' views on "The Secret"?The new self help book/dvd/audio book that's taking the world by storm.I've got the CD version of the book.From what I can tell it's got basically the same message as a lot of other self help teachings."THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING"They just call it by a different name."THE LAW OF ATTRACTION"Don't get me wrong I think it's a powerful message and it does work.The only thing I've had trouble with is keeping the messages they deliver in my concious mind.I find I need to be constantly reminded of the messages it delivers. Or else I fall back into my old way of thinking.That's why I think the CD is the way to go.You can keep it in the car or chuck it on your ipod and take it wherever you go...Anybody got any thoughts, views or opinions on The Secret or the messages it delivers???

The Secret is a very good movie, a very inspiring movie and people can see now on how positive thinking will affect your life positively. I know that there are 7 universal laws, and Law of Attraction is one of them....

Not sure if this has been mentioned in here yet and would be surprised if it hasn't, but what are peoples' views on "The Secret"?The new self help book/dvd/audio book that's taking the world by storm.

I've got the CD version of the book.
From what I can tell it's got basically the same message as a lot of other self help teachings.

"THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING"

They just call it by a different name.
"THE LAW OF ATTRACTION"

Don't get me wrong I think it's a powerful message and it does work.
The only thing I've had trouble with is keeping the messages they deliver in my concious mind.
I find I need to be constantly reminded of the messages it delivers. Or else I fall back into my old way of thinking.

That's why I think the CD is the way to go.
You can keep it in the car or chuck it on your ipod and take it wherever you go...

Anybody got any thoughts, views or opinions on The Secret or the messages it delivers???

i watched trhat too in school.. and i just i beluieve in it.. sorta kinda yea.. like a year ago.. i enetred this scholarship award thing.. and i remember i wanted it so badly, that after i turned it in for the next 2 nmonths.. all i would do is picture what it would be like to win it.. picture everyones faces.. the happiness i would feel.. the speech i would give! and sure enough i won.. its weird.. its all abo0ut believing in urself.. because if you dont NO ONE ELSE WILL! theres no operson out there looking for someone to believe in.. if u know wat i mean.. so yea.... u gotta work it, there is not trhing as staying the same way.. ur eather improving or getting worse.. to picture ur dream and make it HAPPEN! the secret is gold and everuyone should use it

I didn't even know it existed, until now, but I will check it out and let you know my opinion of it:) I love self help stuff:)Personally I'm a fan of Anthony Robbins, Doreen Virtue & Sylvia Browne, I find thier writings extremely helpful, so I just thought I'd pass it on:)

I first heard of the secret through my girlfriend. She watched it with her family, at her uncle's instigation.I watched it myself online about a month later. We had broken up at the time, and there's something about breakups that can definitely lead to introspection.I believe in it completely. In fact, I think the ideas truly are quite ancient, and as a student of some more arcane pursuits, I was familiar with this message already.The difficult part with the secret is not so much understanding it or how it works, but actually remaining devoted to living by it. That's something that I still struggle with? and honestly, to me the secret remains an afterthought rather than a true way of life. I am convinced that if one really applied it, the results would be amazing. I hope one day, I can say I know that to be the case, through personal experience.

Hello All,Personally I love this book/CD/movie. I read the book and then watched the movie. I have always tried to think positive, but this book really helped me reword everything.For instance, instead of saying "I don't want to be in debt" I started saying "I will get rid of my debt, and I thank the universe" I have been focusing on the re-wording everytime a collection notice came in, and sure enough, about a month ago, one of the people I work with said she was going to help me out with my debt and fix my credit.She wrote a check for $10,000, bought me a Brand new '08 car, offered me a job where I will be making almost double my current salary, helping with the move to a different city.She is setting up the loan with her bank in my name with a low interest and will help my budget everything.I thank the world everyday for her help, she has always helped me out of tight spots before, but this was over the top.Anyway, sorry about the rambling, I am just so happy and stress-relieved.This book has really changed my life, even before the debt fix.In the past year, I found my soul mate, got married, had 2 honeymoons paid for, held a job for over a year, and we are now moving to a 3 bedroom house, and probably start a family within a year.What I really love about the Secret is that no matter what your "religion" or "beliefs" it can be applied. Some people ask the universe for what they want or you can replace universe with God if that is what you believe.Anyway, if you are having a tough time with life, read or watch the Secret and if you truly believe what you ask for then you will get it