xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Stormsinger

Thought I'd Pass On A Few Recipes That Worked Out Great!

PRECURSOR:

Bran muffins are my addiction, my town doesn't have ANY except dunkin donuts, and then i finally found them at the grocery store 4 for 1.75. I got 8 muffins and ate them in 3 days.

INGREDIENTS
* 2 cups raisin bran cereal
* 4 cups whole bran cereal
* 2 cups boiling water
* 1 cup shortening
* 3 cups white sugar
* 4 eggs
* 4 cups buttermilk
* 5 cups all-purpose flour
* 5 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt

DIRECTIONS

1. Mix cereal and boiling water together in a metal bowl, and allow to cool.
2. Cream shortening, sugar, and eggs in a large bowl. Add buttermilk and cooled cereal mixture. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until flour is moistened. Batter should be lumpy. Put batter into a one gallon wide mouth jar. When using mix, use a ladle to get batter out of the jar; don't mix or stir.
3. When ready to use, spoon batter into muffin tins. Bake at 375 degrees F (195 degrees C) for approximately 15 minutes.

My second addiction (yeah call me and odd bug, i'm not a choclateer or anything, i love vanilla, bran muffins, oatmeal raisin cookies, and sweetish fish)

INGREDIENTS
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup plain yogurt
* 1 tablespoon fat free butter flavored granules
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 egg whites
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 cup raisins
* 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
* 1 teaspoon baking soda

DIRECTIONS

1. Set oven rack in the middle and preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix yogurt, butter-flavored granules (Butter Buds), brown sugar and granulated sugar until combined.
3. Add egg whites and vanilla, mix until just combined. Add flour mixture and mix until just moistened. Stir in oatmeal and raisins.
4. Drop dough by level tablespoon onto to cookie sheet lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for 8 minutes. Press center of cookie; if it springs back, it is done. Store in airtight container, these cookies do not keep well at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator.

Notice from jlhaslip:
Lists should be contained inside quote tags. It avoids earning an undue amount of credits.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Dinner food that are DIVINE

American Chop Suey this stuff is soo good. It is filling, tomatoey, and delicious

INGREDIENTS
* 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked elbow macaroni
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
* salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate large skillet over medium high heat, saute the ground beef and the onion for 5 to 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and crumbly. Drain thoroughly and leave the meat and onion in the skillet. Pour the two cans of tomato soup into the skillet and stir well to combine.
3. When noodles are done, drain thoroughly and return noodles to the pot. Add the hamburger mixture from the skillet to the pot. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.

MMMM my dinner favorite, chicken parm, i found this recipe and it was GREAT

4 chicken cutlets, sliced thin1 c. Italian bread crumbs (preferably Progresso)
1 egg, mashed
Frying pan
1 tbsp. olive oil
Powdered garlic
Oregano flakes

Put olive oil in pan and heat. Dip chicken cutlets in egg and then into bread crumbs, lightly fry on medium heat until golden brown. Put Classico tomato sauce on chicken cuts in 3x8 inch pan. First, put chicken cutlets on paper towels and drain oil, pat off. Place thin slices of Mozzarella cheese on top of chicken. Sprinkle garlic powder and oregano on top. Heat at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour or until cheese is melted.

My last addiction is not a recipe that i've found, its my magic bullet. I always laughed at the infomercials... with just 1, 2, 3 presses of the magic bul.... But anyways, i'm on this health... ish... kick where i am constantly making slushies out of frozen whole strawberries, a few cubes of ice, orange juice, and orange/pineapple/banana frozen drink mix(unmade).

The strawberries are delishous when their blended, then some orange juice to lubricate and blend the ice, and then the frozen concentrate juice balances out against the ice, so it doesn't taste watered down. Its delicious, probably half decent for me(maybe a bit sugury), and it doesn't take more then like... 5 minutes including the getting up and sitting down... lol

(not including washing up)
Notice from jlhaslip:

And please use the Edit feature instead of multiple consecutive posts.
Merged.

Future posts need to adhere to the guidelines for posting or this is going to cause this thread to be Spammed.

Now there is a recipe for a quick meal...