xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wenster

A Good Flash Editor easy and possibly free?

I just got inspired to work with flash and I know nothing at all about it. What is a good editor for making flash websites? Possibly free but if not then I can work with whatever you can throw at me.

Well I'd have to say Flash... Flash is pretty much the official program for making flash. I've seen some other ones but none come close. Flash CS3 pro will run you about $700. If you are still in school however this site has it for about $250. Creation Engine is a great educational site if you are in high school or collage. You need to send them a copy of your student ID card.

There are a a few less expensive Flash editors out there although they probably won't teach you how to properly use flash. Marcromedia Flash, actually I think it's Adobe Flash now, is the way to go. Otherwise, you could go with a program like SWiSH which you can find here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ which allows you to create flash files with a simpler, easier interface however it makes it hard to do complex stuff :)

I didnt know there where any editors besides Flash itself, well actually I never counted swish or swift3d as Flash editor.

i would say to get a crack for flash, but that is wrong...ish. but flash would be the way to go if you are new or doing complex things. or just like the UI.

I agree. The best way is to find a way to get Flash 8 (..at least MX) and that's the best way to learn from. The other programs won't help. I know I wish they would come out with open source version for it. But I think there's a community group that's already working on developing one so that's good news.

What I really would like is to have flash and html or php integration. I just need to know the flash part. lol. I'm going to try Swish first. But so far it seems easy to use for simple things like PSTUBb said. Than after that I'll try Flash 8. I hope there's a trial version of Flash 8.

I'd say try the TRIAL of Flash CS3 - It's definately the most intuitive and great editing tool for Flash...Once i think about it - i've never KNOWN ANY OTHER / never really BOTHERED thinking of alternatives... Strange... :)