xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
robocz033

Even Computers Can Get Boring Hanging out with my friends is better than my computer

That computers can actually support boredness. that when im searching the web or trying to do something to spend time, sometimes i get so bored i am about to hit myself in my face. it feels like i have used the computer so much that i have found out everything i need to know and dont need it anymore. besides scripting my webpage, i dont really need a computer, but i have an urge to buy a mac. so now im just plain bored...and i have problems with my pc...it would just help if i could get a completely customized computer that has everything tuned to my needs including the os. it just gets boring, im sick of gaming, get bored of just going to forums over and over. i guess i need to start hanging out with my friends more cuz the computer doesnt help me get ride of boredness...

Same here, computers do get boring. Especially forums, after awhile they seem pointless. The only reason I am on the computer is to sustain my hosting, check up on my myspace, and moderate my forum. All of that takes half an hour.

Its the only form of entertainment I enjoy rather than watching tv. I do the same thigns every day. Just check email, accounts, forums, chat, facebook, myspace, news, and the other things. It does get boring sometimes but its either this or go to sleep. I would go out but my parents want me to take the sibs with me too. that's just too much. haha

I do agree with you guys. Computers can get soooo boring - the reason why i'm writing this :) There is only one thing on the computer, I'm never bored of and that is producing music - that is inovative and creative and cannot get boring! Try to do something new, creative guys..

Yes they do get really boring after a while, like i was playing dark crusade when i got bored and decided to go on Xisto. They get really boring if you've been doing the same stuff for a really long time, but the internet never gets boring

yea, the internet is enormous, but right now i feel i have explored everything, eventhough i know i am nowhere close. what i do everyday is code, im, check facebook, email, maybe game. then im done and bored till i think of something.

Quite true that Computers get boring after a while.Thats the time u need to take a break.Play a Team game like Hockey, football or cricket.Life is all not about computers.Sometime i feel like getting up early to see the Sunrise.but i miss that due to sleeping late.

Anything can get boring. Perhaps as a world population we are getting lazy; wanting to be served and entertained without end. Truth is the computer is what you make it. That's the great thing about it. It's a tool which is connected to a theoretically infinite source of knowledge. When a person gets bored they can simply find something new to learn.

i rarely use my computer for entertainment. right now is about as fun as it gets. usually i use mine for info that i need or like surfing because i am a mild knoledge *BLEEP*. now my friend cerb is costantly on the web searching for knoledge. out of all knoledge whores he ranks high.

I guess it's first of all pretty funny that you expect a computer to keep you entertained throughout your life.I go on forums, check my orkut, flame the posers there on the communities (believe me, you will find the LARGEST amount of posers on orkut), play games, IM and then I am done. Apart from when I get a creative click and I make sigs and layouts. But that's a different story.You guys need to hunt down for more hobbies! Once I hear one of my favorite bands playing, I just pick-up my bass and if I don't know the song, then I try to play it as good as I can, and if all the songs for the next 2 hours are by my favorite bands, then I won't stop till those 2 hours are over and I am all sweating like a pig. :lol:Hanging out with friends is pretty important too, I am not much of a social person, don't really go to coffee shops, malls and stuff like that, but go and rent some DVD and watch it with your friends, jam with them, just roam around eating stuff here and there, it all seems to be boring now but when you actually do it, you have no idea how the time just passed by.I used to sit on my computer 24 x 7, but now it's hardly some hours, I know this is still much but it's way less compared to literally 24 x 7, I used to miss out on school just to completely my favorite MMORPG or for that online crush of mine to come online ... but now thing's have changed pretty much.Go out for a walk or something, wake up early, go out for a walk, it just feels so good! It all seems tiring when you are accustomed to remain seated on the PC, but when you do it just once, then you get hooked onto it!

I guess it's first of all pretty funny that you expect a computer to keep you entertained throughout your life.
I go on forums, check my orkut, flame the posers there on the communities (believe me, you will find the LARGEST amount of posers on orkut), play games, IM and then I am done. Apart from when I get a creative click and I make sigs and layouts. But that's a different story.

You guys need to hunt down for more hobbies!

um, hobbies are a form of entertainment. so if some make a life hobbie through the computer they are seeking for enteratanment for life on there computers.

:lol: i know. i so agree. not only can it get boring, it can give you a great deal of bad vision and eye bags. i remember when i was doing our thesis in a place provided to us so we can work on our thesis, i was doing my usual programming, then all of the sudden, i stopped. i was a bit tired. and looking back to all the sleepless nights and frustrating programming and fixing bugs that have some unknown remedy, i asked myself, "computer programmers are cursed for life". i mean looking at the monitor for prolong periods of time aren't very healthy and your profession tells exactly you do the opposite. isn't that amazing? now i sound like i'm ranting.

you could say computers have ruined our social lives :lol:, of course I rarely use my computer for entertainment except if I want to watch a movie, other then that I use the computer for work, school and some social occasions. I rarely use it for gaming purposes because thats why I got my playstation for :D.Do I ever like posers and morons that I find when I surf when they design websites for stupid stuff or when I surf around forums and find people sayign stupid things just to get attention and stuff. Waits that's me NOOO!!!! :P:D

I have to agree you but it only happens sometimes. I just go on the computer and play games, chat, and... watch. Well. I have so much to do on the computer that I will never really get so bored.I can't do anything else then on the computer >< I love reading and but I can't go to the library cause it wastes my parents car. I can watch tv though, and I can read books at home but I read it already, Its my parents books and I am too young, its really boring, its in another language. I would love to do some of my favorite things play tennis and swim. For one I can't swim or play tennis, again wastes gas, I might get a sun tan. I might be able to swim during the summer. Try it. :3 I watch tv and anime. Barely anime. Since my parents aren't home so much I eat without them and I eat near my computer ><;; I am not allowed to go and play with my friends because my parents don't agree, too busy, don't know their parents, and its "dangerous" their parents won't agree, and they don't know us. If it is to the library or somewhere near it yeah. Our city is pretty dangerous though. Alot of kidnappers and a gang is around here. I hear things like gunshots around here.I have bad vision but I inherited from my dad. I almost inherited everything from dad >> Even if I don't get outside much I am pretty athletic. I also have good grades even if I don't study or such. I might have gotten it from watching my sister too much. It does feel like it can entertain me for years. I have all these stuff. Although it is only once in a while it gets boring. Yes, I am a computer-freak. I am an indoor person. Except when i get to be an adult I might be entertained in cooking more. or Scientist. So I agree on both yes and no.

Hitting yourself in the face is pretty dumb :) but ok, whatever floats your boat. However, I do fully agree with you. We have pretty exhausted computers. We use them so much now days that we are just used to what they do and seeing the same old things which we all know leads to boredem.Thats not to say I don't enjoy using it, it can be interesting at times when new things arise and its a good way to keep in touch with old friends and friends that live other seas. Its always good to leave it though, get away from the screen and enjoy the fresh air, I went indoor karting last weekend with a group of friends and it was great fun, theres a massive difference between talking to friends on the internet and talking to friends in person.