xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Microsoft Pay $6 Billion For Aquantive Online Ad Agency

Well it seems Microsoft have been in the news a lot lately, first with vista being introduce, ani file hack, it's war on open source and of course the big secret meeting between them and yahoo. Well today they just dropped $6 billion dollars in cash for a online ad agency, which is the most money Microsoft has ever spent to date when purchasing a company. Of course their reason for this purchase is of course to boost MSN search engine use and of course get their slice of the online advertisement pie. After google scored a deal with double click last month.

SOURCE

HERE

more like microsoft needs to realize that their products suck and to give up trying to make money even off of other company's. My this purchase of 6 billion dollars lead them into bankruptcy!

Buying this will not make microsfot bankrupt this is nothing to them. The money from there microsoft office products could cover the payments for this ad agency. We may not like it but Microsoft is going to be around for a long time as long as there is a computer microsoft is going to be there also lets not forget that they are now in the lead in the gaming industry. I also think that this is not going to be the last thing that they do cause i have a felling that microsoft is trying to merge with yahoo only the future will tell.

Microsoft will never go bankrupt. I hope Microsoft doesn't buy Yahoo and suck it into MSN, I have a Yahoo account and if I'd wanted an MSN one I would have signed up at MSN instead, and they could overrun Google especially if they now have an ad company like this.

I agree with NNH1254, I hope that Microsoft doesn't combine Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo. I wouldn't be suprised if they are buying this ad company to try to take down Google. I don't really see that happening any time soon. I also don't see 6 billion dollars bringing them close to being bankrupt at all. Regardless of whether we want them to go bankrupt or not, their software is on 90% of the computers in the world.

Well Microsoft's aggresive manager policy on any new openning market is well known and there is nothing bad in such practice. So I don't see problem. And another very very important thing is that they don't have monopoly in this market and by that they are just trying to take part of pie. And anyhow competition is good thing as google really dominates this kind of market so it would be great that they would recieve some comeptition which will eventually produce several improvmentc of google software for certain. Also I like to see microsoft expanding because eventually it will cover almost all aspects of it (information technology) industry which is good because they will boost it and it is not good if they gain monopoly because of theirs aggressive policy to keep it, and they often succeded in their final line.