xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cragllo

How To Make You Own Computer Icons.... you know you wanna...

there is a program that simplifies all this. i think it's called microangelo or soemthing like that. google can probably find it, it makes every thing so much easier for makeing and applying icons.

There are much simpler programs than MicroAngelo..... Try StarDock! =)

I just use Photo shop for something like this, Expect I don't change the file type to an .ico as I don't really make my own, However I do use it to make my own .favicon Which look fantastic, I have also made money out of making them :). But if any needs and help with this I will be happy to help out.

If I need some icons or something like this I'd either search or make my own. Depends on what they are for really. I mostly use Photoshop for creating this like this. I don't really make images for myself though. I am currently coding modifications for IP.Board 2.2 and 2.3x. :P (Downloadable/purchasable and support to LICENSED IPB users only.)

@ Ash... :)

Go to 'My computer'  > Tools > Folder Options > File Types >

Select the Extension / File Type entry of your choice (e.G. PHP / PHP Script)

Click Advanced and then Change Icon

Browse to the location of your icon and select it, OK everything and you are done.

This changes the icon for every file of that type, (e.G. All PHP Script files (files with the .Php extension))